I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

ek power window problem....HELP!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rodgerrogelio is an unknown quantity at this point
ek power window problem....HELP!!!!!!!!

i have a 96 civic lx and i have a problem with the power window. the driver one works when it wants to and when it doesnt you open and close the door a couple of time and it starts to work agian. wierd. and none of my other windows work and i know its not the motor cuz i put new ones thinking it was that. and i had the main driver switch replaced also but still nuthing. does any body know what it can be. i going crazy with the windows. thank you
Old 11-15-2011
Autocross Padawan

Zeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of light
Re: ek power window problem....HELP!!!!!!!!

did you try lubricating the tracks at all? did you test to see if any current is flowing to the switch? could be a wiring issue in the door, where the black rubber sock is.
Old 12-16-2011
Registered!!

OrlandoCivic is an unknown quantity at this point

DIY power window repair people. Call Power Window Repair in Orlando 407-415-5401.

They are a mobile power window repair company that services Orlando. But, they also have a website where you can buy DIY window motors, regulators, and switches for Honda and all makes AT THE PRICES INSTALLERS & SHOPS PAY..

They give advice and tips for free.. www.powerwindowrepairservices.com
Old 08-17-2012
Registered!!

keyboardduder is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm having a similar problem.

In terms of lubrication, what would be your best recommendation so it stays potent in the rubber window track?
Old 08-17-2012
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

White lithium grease would wor good.
Old 08-17-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i would not recommend white lithium grease, it will stain all over the place and get on the window. it is supposed to be used on metal, not rubber. use clear silicone spray lube. it only lasts a couple months, but easy to spray when you need to by rolling the windows down.
Old 08-17-2012
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by keyboardduder
I'm having a similar problem.

In terms of lubrication, what would be your best recommendation so it stays potent in the rubber window track?
The rubber tracks are pretty slick on their own & are made to work as is... just keep them clean.

Any lubricant you apply will attract dirt.