I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

00 dx with no tac wanting to put a tac dash in

Old 05-18-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sikciv00 is an unknown quantity at this point
00 dx with no tac wanting to put a tac dash in

i have a 00 dx stick hatchback with no tac dash i picked up a 99 tac cluster auto went to plug it in and the plugs on the back are diffrent what can i do to get the tac dash to work in my car if any one can help please please write back i check frequently thanks for all the help
Old 05-18-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 00 dx with no tac wanting to put a tac dash in

try an 00 cluster with tach?
Old 05-18-2011
Registered!!

sikciv00 is an unknown quantity at this point

i tried one out of a 00 ex coupe i had but the plugs are still diffrent can i take the harness out and swap them or are they hooked up to the ecms?
Old 05-19-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

hmm if the plugs are different, its gonna be a tough job. you would need the honda electrical manual to figure out where the wires need to go, then you would need the harness connectors for the new cluster to be able to cut and splice the wiring. in your case, it would prolly be easier to get an aftermarket tach.
Old 04-02-2012
Registered!!

Fate is an unknown quantity at this point

You would have to get a wiring diagram for both harnesses. Then you would have to take the wires from the old one and splice them into the corresponding part I the new plug. The only diff should be the tach which comes from the engine coil. The blue wire.
Old 08-19-2014
Registered!!

Yellow_EK is an unknown quantity at this point

I just did this today, if you remove your cluster you should see an orange plug taped back.. The orange plug will plug into where the green one is supposed to be on the cluster with the tac.. I plugged it in and everything is working perfectly, no cutting wires nothing