I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Dual Amp System Install

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Dual Amp System Install

I think you have bigger problems than cooling. Your PM replied to.
Old 05-28-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nickrolando is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TiggerDX
I think you have bigger problems than cooling. Your PM replied to.
Replied to yours. please get back to me asap. i really appreciate all your help

Just wanted to let others know as well

Last night, I delivered food for 4 hours straight, after 45 minutes amp was very hot but put both rear seats down and with the breeze the 4 channel amp barely even got warm?

Any ideas from that?

Last edited by nickrolando; 05-28-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old 06-05-2011
Registered!!

ckeboss is an unknown quantity at this point

If you have changed nothing else, it's heat/orientation that is your issue. Why not just mount the amps on the floor of the trunk with fans?
Old 06-08-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ckeboss
If you have changed nothing else, it's heat/orientation that is your issue. Why not just mount the amps on the floor of the trunk with fans?
They are mounted same way but now have fans on them. Now im having a problem with fans staying up when it gets over 80 degrees outside. Please see my other thread on fan mounting. thank you!
Old 06-08-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

You have ventilation issues
You might have fans now, but those fans are blowing the same hot air around in your trunk

What I did to cure my ventilation issue was to remove the rear 6x9's to provide airflow into the trunk
But I doubt you're wanting to remove your aftermarket 6x9's after paying for them.

Another option I was thinking of...
Theres an air vent on the drivers side of the trunk, if you pull back the lining
Maybe if you removed it, cut a hole in the lining, and fashioned some kind of air duct with a filter on it, you could bring fresh air in (Kind of like a cold air intake for your trunk)
The only problem with that is...if it's raining, then water will get into it, as it is directly behind your rear wheel well
Old 06-08-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
You have ventilation issues
You might have fans now, but those fans are blowing the same hot air around in your trunk

What I did to cure my ventilation issue was to remove the rear 6x9's to provide airflow into the trunk
But I doubt you're wanting to remove your aftermarket 6x9's after paying for them.

Another option I was thinking of...
Theres an air vent on the drivers side of the trunk, if you pull back the lining
Maybe if you removed it, cut a hole in the lining, and fashioned some kind of air duct with a filter on it, you could bring fresh air in (Kind of like a cold air intake for your trunk)
The only problem with that is...if it's raining, then water will get into it, as it is directly behind your rear wheel well
The fans seem to be working now though. Please see my other thread on fan mounting kenny, I'd really appreciate it. Velcro doesnt seems to be holding it enough. Fell twice already when its super hot outside.
Old 06-08-2011
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

buy some metal angle brackets from lowes in the lumber section. you can screw the fan to it, and then mount them to the vehicle (obiously don't screw into the amps) with them blowing on the amps.
Old 06-08-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Either way you mount the fan, on a 90+ day, it'll do you no good if all you're blowing is hot air around
Old 06-09-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by electric130
buy some metal angle brackets from lowes in the lumber section. you can screw the fan to it, and then mount them to the vehicle (obiously don't screw into the amps) with them blowing on the amps.
I know not to screw them into the amps. I'll take a picture and show you how its mounted as of now. Once you see the picture you'll understand why its hard for me to use the metal angle brackets.

Does the sticky side of 3m Dual Lock stick better then industrial strength velcro?
Old 06-09-2011
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

anything gets hot enough, and no glue will stick