I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Which Pioneer for 2000 Civic EX

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hrobison1987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Which Pioneer for 2000 Civic EX

Hi there, I pretty much know nothing about cars so like to check out this forum whenever I need some advice. Can someone please help me decide which of these two Pioneer stereos I should purchase for my 2000 Honda Civic EX: Pioneer AVH-P3300BT or Pioneer FH-P8000BT? I have already had the FH-8000BT installed so I know it fits and looks nice. The amp got blown when it was being put in so I am sending it back and when I went to check Amazon for price (which is currently $254) I noticed the AVH-P3300BT which has the Bluetooth that I really want plus is a touch screen and only $100 more. Any thoughts? Can I assume that the second one fits since the first one does? That is my main concern.
Old 03-18-2011
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Newfiedan is a jewel in the roughNewfiedan is a jewel in the roughNewfiedan is a jewel in the rough
Re: Which Pioneer for 2000 Civic EX

do they make a dbl din dash kit for the 2000 civic, I was not aware of that, but yes if 1 dbl din unit fits then the second one will as well. I would opt for the Pioneer AVH-P3300BT myself though.
Old 03-18-2011
Registered!!

asianboy781 is a jewel in the roughasianboy781 is a jewel in the roughasianboy781 is a jewel in the roughasianboy781 is a jewel in the rough

any single din wil fit
for double any 7 inch units will fit
Old 03-20-2011
Autocross Padawan

Zeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of light

To be very honest I wouldn't get either. It's very easy for someone to break into a 6th gen civic and assuming you don't have tints or any aftermarket alarm someone is definitely going to steal it, since neither have detachable faces and will be very visible from any angle except looking through the front windshield. I have the 6200BT which has bluetooth (with a million other features) and it's a very, very nice single-din head unit for a fraction of the cost. Just my .02

As far as what fits, many sites that sell car audio parts will have a "fit my ride" option that will check to see if a unit is size compatible with your vehicle, and in many cases, provide the necessary wiring harnesses/adapters to make it fit.
Old 03-22-2011
Registered!!

Hey guys,

Thanks for the input so far. Yes, they did make a dash kit for a double din for my car which is what we used to put the first Pioneer in and it looks pretty good. Honestly the reason that I want a double din is for how it looks. I want a nice clean look and nothing too aftermarket which is why I went with the first Pioneer (and then I happened to notice this other one). I already have slightly tinted windows but am thinking about getting those done darker and am also going to put in a remote starter with alarm as well. I understand the risk I am taking in getting a new stereo but I need one and I figure I might as well have one I like. I would also appreciate any suggestions for remote starters with alarms that you know for sure would fit so that I can buy online instead of in store but I will check out those sites like you mentioned that should be able to tell me if it fits ahead of time for these sorts of things. That is what I did with Amazon before and it told me a different stereo had fit at one point and then it didn't! But Amazon does not specialize in all this so I am assuming that's why. Anyways, thanks for the input so far!
Old 03-23-2011
Registered!!

I checked out Crutchfield which I read about on this site and it had both Pioneer stereos available but when I selected to give me stereo options that fit my car neither one of them were listed! But I know that one definitely does since it is already in there. I am just so nervous about getting one I don't know for sure about since I already had a problem with one not fitting. I may just go with the one I already have in there.
Old 09-18-2012
Registered!!

sexyscs is an unknown quantity at this point

I could really use some great advice.

I own a 2000 Civic EX coupe. The factory cd player finally died. I replaced it with a Pioneer and am having problems.

First, the light on the unit is too light. Second, and perhaps most importantly, the glare is too bright to read it. I have talked to the Honda dealership and 2 audio shops. The dealership tells me I am out of luck. Both audio shops say I will not get better results with any other model, I will have this same problem regardless of what brand cd player I install. One shop suggested tinting the windows, so I spent the afternoon installing auto part store window film to determine whether I wanted to spend the money to tint. Still the glare is too strong to read the display.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I am so unhappy that I cannot read the darn screen on the cd player. I did not think this would be a problem when I purchased the unit. I really want to replace the new unit with one that has a display I can actually see in the daylight.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-19-2012
Registered!!

marek91 is an unknown quantity at this point

that the issue with the civic dashes and the angle they sit.

you could try a flip out dvd deck and adjuest the angle down maybe? or live with it ?

I have a civic with a cheap sony deck and it seemed fine?
Old 10-04-2012
Registered!!

dolqiu is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for all the information guys