I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Need more power?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pedrotax is an unknown quantity at this point
Need more power?

Hi ppl!

Well i just got my new 96' civic 1 month ago, and i already installed a 12 inch subwoofer (boot), door speakers, tweeters and the equalizer that goes with.
But here's the issue:
i wanna buy 2 more speakers (same size as door speakers) and put them behind the back seats, i'm also getting 2 more tweeters. pretty soon, i will have some blue lights in the boot and in the back..
So i was wondering if i need another battery (boot installation if possible) or if i just could buy the power assistant thing (the one that looks like a spray bottle).

Thx for your help and sorry for my bad english.
Old 02-23-2009
Registered!!

Re: Need more power?

Up ?
Old 02-23-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

just just turn it up too loud and you will be fine with stock battery.
Old 03-08-2009
Registered!!

okk thanks for your advice... i changed my battery so far... but now im facing a really annoying problem.. the battery looses energy through something, but i dunno wat... meaning that the car lost is out of power and i can't start it..
I'm pretty sure it's not the batterty itself.. so i was wondering if the battery could loose its energy because of the soundsystem (bad wiring, etc...) ??
Old 03-08-2009
Registered!!

okk thanks for your advice... i changed my battery so far... but now im facing a really annoying problem.. the battery looses energy through something, but i dunno wat... meaning that the car lost is out of power and i can't start it..
I'm pretty sure it's not the batterty itself.. so i was wondering if the battery could loose its energy because of the soundsystem (bad wiring, etc...) ??
Old 03-08-2009
Registered!!

bigaudiofanatic is an unknown quantity at this point

I would see if your amp is staying on or if you wired the head unit the wrong way somehow. Also no you dont need a second battery or a bigger alternator for what you are running. If you go and run two amps and your pushing 800 watts a channel to the subs and the other amp is running at 100 by 4 than yes go ahead and get a bigger alt.Other than that you are fine. If you haven't already run 4 gauge just in case you upgrade in the future. If you need further help of want some advice aim me at reimermatt here is my thread about helping people and a few installs I have done.
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=370497
Old 03-08-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

usually an amp not wired properly (remains on when stereo is off) is the main way a battery will drain. also if you have alarm system with backup battery, that will do it also once the battery gets old. it will constantly suck power to try and charge itself.