Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

98 Civic Rims and Tires.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DerkDigg is an unknown quantity at this point
98 Civic Rims and Tires.

I really need help with what i should put on my 98 civic. I'm not sure what the preferred specifications are. I'm quite a novice and know im going with low profile tires. Please help. I hate my life. lol.
Old 01-26-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lvolleyer is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 98 Civic Rims and Tires.

I replaced my Michelin Hydroedge with Defenders after about 80000 miles. So far, I would rate it as average. I am not completely unhappy but I don't think it's as good a tire as Hydroedge that it replaced. Seems softer than Hydroedge. Gives less response on handling and cornering. It IS very quiet. Hydroedge was initially fairly quiet but the last 20000 miles were loud. Will see how long the Defenders will last. I'll be happy if I get 80000 miles. Definitely not "low profile" tire. Unfortunately Michelin doesn't make any other tires that fits 98 Civic. I wouldn't buy any tires other than Michelin though.
Old 08-28-2013
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: 98 Civic Rims and Tires.

I am looking at buying some Michelin Defenders and just wondering how you rate them months later? Seems like I have been on-line and calling shops for the past two days trying to figure the best tire around $300 to $400. Khumo gets a lot civic action but their reviews weren't good in the 185/65/14 size. I like Nexen but most reviews say they are okay, but average. It's come down to the Defender vs Perelli P4.