Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Rocker panel molding clip

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2018
prr
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
prr is an unknown quantity at this point
Rocker panel molding clip

The right rocker panel molding (pretty sure this is it--https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...315633&jsn=628) is coming off. Part of the reason is that one of the two screws that hold it to the chassis has come off. I would like to know if there is a standard size screw I should look for (that Honda uses for these panels) or is it just a matter of taking several of different sizes and seeing what fits?

Under another section at the rockauto site, I see this here as a rocker panel retaining clip (that fits my car): https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...629161&jsn=739 Now this looks like it might be what I'm looking for, but I'm thrown off by that small arm that extends from the head of the clip/screw itself--I didn't notice that when I looked at what my civic already had, and I'm not sure what it needs to attach to. Is this the product I need, to re-attach the rocker panel molding?
Old 09-29-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rocker panel molding clip

Look it up in a real Honda dealers online parts catalog and post the links or pics?
Old 09-29-2018
prr
Registered!!

Took me a while, hondapartsnow evidently does not call these units a rocker panel molding. OK it looks like this is what i need? (https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuin...tor,3056543,22) it is evidently called a garnish assembly, and the part I was looking for is #22--what they call a clip (airscoop?).

The page I linked to here looks like this is what I am talking about, unless I have misunderstood the diagram in that link.
Old 09-29-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

This image showed at the top of the link? Plastic 2 piece push pin?
Visit a parts store, bodyshop supplier, or a local bodyshop, you should be able to find suitable generic 2-piece expanding pushpins or 'christmas tree' pins that fit the hole (probably 8mm or 10 mm holes?)

There's a zillion styles, any bodyshop would probably keep a couple dozen sizes and styles that cover 98% of their daily needs LOL

Old 09-29-2018
prr
Registered!!

OK thanks I'll get one soon. That should help keep it attached to the body of the car.