Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Fuel Injector re-install question

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WKD DRGN is an unknown quantity at this point
Fuel Injector re-install question

I have a 2000 civic EX 1.6L sohc vtec. Just sent out my fuel injectors for ultrasonic cleaning and flow testing. Am wondering what the procedure will be for re-installing them back into the car. Any special tips or tricks to know? Never done this before so I have no idea and don't want to screw them up! Thanks in advance.

Last edited by WKD DRGN; 02-04-2015 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Forgot to update for instant email notification
Old 02-04-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fuel Injector re-install question

Lube the rubber seals so they can slide in and not tear.
Old 02-05-2015
Registered!!

Okay I had ordered some grease for the o rings so I we be good on that. Thanks.

Some more questions. How do I clean the deposits out of where the fuel injectors go into. I noticed it's kinda dirty where they seat at (not in fuel rail but other part).

Also pulled a spark plug to check out its condition. Is this a normal looking plug? Looks okay to me but just want to make sure. I changed out the o2 sensors today cause the car has tons of miles on it and they were the original sensors. I figured what the hell since I'm getting the injectors cleaned. Thanks for all the info and help!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	tmp_12174-20150205_0954562091831574.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	87494  
Old 02-05-2015

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WKD DRGN
Okay I had ordered some grease for the o rings so I we be good on that. Thanks.
I would use gas to lube them, or carb and throttle cleaner, or engine oil.

Some more questions. How do I clean the deposits out of where the fuel injectors go into. I noticed it's kinda dirty where they seat at (not in fuel rail but other part).
Some buildup is average.

Is this a normal looking plug?
I can't see it from here. You might want to post a picture?

What's the brand and part number on the plug?

Ya, normal cheap plugs probably came in it.
Old 02-05-2015
Registered!!

I did post a picture. They are NGK plugs (iridium) I put them in back in March 2013. Was just checking on the condition so I posted a picture to make sure it was okay and no problems.

The old o2 sensors had white soot looking stuff on them. I have read that's normal and have read that indicates something. Now those were most likely the original ones and the car has had a leaking head gasket at one point but I got it fixed. It did overheat pretty badly too. So I am thinking the white soot might have to do with that...

Anyway. They are replaced now. I think the spark plugs are okay...again just wanted a second opinion.
Old 02-05-2015
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, the spark plugs are okay.
Old 02-05-2015

Originally Posted by WKD DRGN
I did post a picture.
For whatever reason, I wasn't able to see any picture on my computer at work. Sorry.

The plug looks fine IMO.

The old o2 sensors had white soot looking stuff on them. I have read that's normal and have read that indicates something.
The white is just ash, it's normal too.

The sensor sticks into the exhaust, it can be 1000 degrees in there up close to the engine.

Now those were most likely the original ones and the car has had a leaking head gasket at one point but I got it fixed. It did overheat pretty badly too.
Antifreeze can contaminate O2 sensors and hinder performance/accuracy, along with contaminating the catalytic converter. Depends on if it was drinking antifreeze though, and how bad it was. Some live, some die.