Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Power Window Problem HELLP

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hondacivicsi96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Power Window Problem HELLP

Bought my car (Honda Civic Si 1996) 3 months ago ish. been trying to fix my window since. SUPER frustrated.

The passenger Side window will not work.

Wires in door look fine.
Took a booster and jumpers to the wiring and it went up and down.
Tested the switches with a voltmeter they are fine (also went to junkyard and tried different ones, no luck)
I am out of options. two mechanics, three months later im stumped.

Called a friend who lives too far away to help, he told me that the fuse could not be giving enough power to the window or something??

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Also i have been having battery issues, It continues to die. i bought a new one and it has worked fine for 24 hours now except once it shorted when i tried to start it and i had to remove the positive end and re attach it in order for it to start again (not sure if the problems might be linked).

(Going to submit this post in the electrical forum as well)

Thanks
Old 07-03-2014
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Power Window Problem HELLP

You only needed to post it once, the mods would have moved your post if it was in the wrong area. If your battery is giving you so much trouble, what are the positive and negative wires looking like? The ones coming directly from the battery, I mean.
Old 07-03-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Power Window Problem HELLP

Originally Posted by hondacivicsi96
The passenger Side window will not work.

Wires in door look fine.
I'd get a wiring diagram and start checking continuity in all the window wiring between the 2 doors.

The usual problem is wires broken in the door jamb where the harness twists.
If nothing is found, then I'd do power and ground checks on the live and operating window switches.
Also i have been having battery issues, It continues to die. i bought a new one and it has worked fine for 24 hours now except once it shorted when i tried to start it and i had to remove the positive end and re attach it in order for it to start again (not sure if the problems might be linked).
"except once it shorted"? You mean a bad connection? Fix that.

IF I thought there is a drain on the battery, I'd use an ammeter to measure the amount of draw. Draw should be less than 30 milliamps. If it is more than that, there's a problem somewhere.
Then trace where the draw is.

Trunk light or something stuck on?

(Going to submit this post in the electrical forum as well)

Thanks
Duplicate post removed.