Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

No crank no start..please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
andress1021 is an unknown quantity at this point
No crank no start..please help

I got a no crank no start on my 99 ek 5 spd. I jumped the starter with a screwdriver so thats ruled out. Stayed running with no check engine.i aldo jumped clutch switch still no start. I dont know what else to do please help
Old 06-24-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: No crank no start..please help

Jump the other clutch switch?
Old 06-24-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Jump the other clutch switch?
Theres only one, theres a bolt where the other one is suppsed to go
Old 06-24-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

OK then, about all that's left is a starter cut relay and a bunch of wiring. Twist the key to start and work the clutch pedal up and down slowly, can you hear the cut relay click on and off as the pedal switch engages and disengages? Time to get a meter or test light and a wiring diagram.

This has some diagrams in it, give it a read. http://www.justanswer.com/honda/431o...d-starter.html
Old 06-25-2013
Registered!!

Theres no pedal switch but the wires are jumped, according to the pocture i was looking at the wrong relay i will test it today, wiring diagram helps alot thanks

OK then, about all that's left is a starter cut relay and a bunch of wiring. Twist the key to start and work the clutch pedal up and down slowly, can you hear the cut relay click on and off as the pedal switch engages and disengages? Time to get a meter or test light and a wiring diagram.

This has some diagrams in it, give it a read. http://www.justanswer.com/honda/431o...d-starter.html
Old 06-25-2013
Registered!!

Thanx alot i got it running the wiring diagram helped out alot i found no power coming out of the ign switch going to the relay. Dealer wanted $160 went to the yard and got me a new switch for $30