Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

OBD1 OBD2 swap questions with a GSR

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011
^Warranty voider

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Running Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of light
Question OBD1 OBD2 swap questions with a GSR

Hey guys

I havent been on the forum in a long *** time, mostly because I have been broke as hell and haven't had the time or money to mess with my car. Now I do so now I'm back.

I've spent the better half of three days trying to find an answer to my question. I know the **** has been covered out of the topic and I know people have asked the **** out of this question but it seems that anyone that asks it is a douche bag and fails to post the answer they found so that others may benefit. *******s.

Anyway I have a 96 CX that I am swapping in a GSR with LS trans. It has a Mk.1 skunk2 manifold on it so it obviously doesn't have the butterflies. The guy threw in a OBDI P72 ecu with the swap. My questions are:

1. Do the OBDI B18c's have butterflies? I heard or read somewhere that the butterflies were only on GSRs after 96 or something.

2. If I have the secondaries disabled, (or missing completely) I know I can use my stock GSR ecu, but will the engine run ok or will it dip power or run like a three legged dog?

I need to decide ricky tick if I'm just going to sell the ECU and get a P28 or stick with the stocker. Any help would be greatly appreciated.