Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

97 civic ex

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eliza is an unknown quantity at this point
97 civic ex

Okay so I'm hoping you can help me out here. With my civic, the oil level is fluctuating. I had an oil change, oil level was up a quart and a half. I drained that out and then it was up again. Thinking it was a coolant/head gasket problem (since I had an antifreeze leak as well) I took it in. There wasn't a coolant leak, it was supposidly a seperate problem with a hole in a hose. The oil problem is still there. Sometimes it's high, sometimes it's normal. The oil doesn't look weird.. I just did another oil change to see if it smelt like fuel but it doesn't, nor does it have a milky look that a coolant leak would cause. Also, does anyone know where the fuel injection port input is? It's not in plain site on the rod and that's the only thing I can think to check... If anyone has any other ideas, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 10-01-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: 97 civic ex

Just guessing- plugged oil filter or oil galleries?