Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Engine cutting out problem. Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TURVER is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Engine cutting out problem. Help!!

Hi

After running my 1998 Civic VTi-S for 8 trouble free years, it recently started cutting out when using the indicators. The car runs fine as first but as I go on and use the indicators the car cuts out, needles on dash die, power steering stops working. After 20, 30 seconds it re-starts fine, but will intermittently keep cutout after that.

It has been to my regular garage/mechanic who first thought it was the throttle body which needed cleaning, no luck there, then they suggested the ignition amp which was replaced still no luck. So after an extensive road test to experience the problem themselves and a good inspection they say the problems is the Clifford alarm system (concept 100).

I had the Clifford alarm fitted just after buying the car so I paid the Clifford dealer a visit and explained the problem. They said they had never come across this problem before but said they were willing to help as there’s a first time for everything, so suggested disconnecting the indicators from the alarm system, before the more drastic step of taking the whole alarm system of the car.

15 minutes into my journey away from the Clifford dealer I crossed my fingers and tried the indicator - engine cuts out, no fixed problem.

The costs to solve this problem are growing and I am no nearer any solution.

Has anybody experienced this problem or have any ideas what’s causing it.

Cheers CT
Old 10-04-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Engine cutting out problem. Help!!

it sounds like you may have a bad or loose common ground somewhere. electrical problems are very difficult to figure out...