I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

2005 civic lx wiper delay problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shanti.vt1 is an unknown quantity at this point
2005 civic lx wiper delay problem

Hello,

I own a 2005 civic 4 dr lx. When I turn the wipers on Int they get stuck h Salf way and dont go back to home position. Speeds 1 and 2 are fine when they are selected. As soon as I switch it off it gets stuck again.

Could this be the wiper delay or the motor. Any help would be great.

thanks
Old 02-24-2010
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 2005 civic lx wiper delay problem

My first thoughts are the park switch in the wiper motor...

If you quickly bump the mist operation and let go do they stop once you release the lever as well ??
Old 02-24-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by CraigW
My first thoughts are the park switch in the wiper motor...

If you quickly bump the mist operation and let go do they stop once you release the lever as well ??
When I press the mist operation, the wipers will do there thing but they just stop in the middle. They never go back to park position. If I press back on the wiper switch little at a time it goes back to home position. Not automatically...

Could it be the wiper assembly?
Old 02-25-2010

CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

There is a switch located in the wiper motor assembly called a "park switch" If the wipers are turned off during the middle of a cycle then the switch allows the wipers to go back down and stop. It would work with intermittent mode, mist & any time the wipers are not all the way down.

It could well be the park switch has failed, you may want to get 2nd opinion as I see the motor is a bit expensive. And certainly not a common problem either.
Old 02-25-2010
Registered!!

Thanks for the reply.

I am going to Check for the park switch. It this a electronic switch that is inside the motor, or somewhere near the fuse box.
Old 02-26-2010

It is electro-mechanical (if that is a word ?) it is contained inside of the motor assy.

The other thing to try would be remove & reseat the connector going to the wiper motor.
Old 02-26-2010
Registered!!

d17a1888 is an unknown quantity at this point

CRAIG W.-----Hello ! ---from Toronto, Canada.

Question for you. Have you had any problems with your tranny not shifting properly when your engine reaches warm temperature.
Old 02-26-2010

Originally Posted by d17a1888

Question for you. Have you had any problems with your tranny not shifting properly when your engine reaches warm temperature.
Why No... I bought my 05 new 5 years ago and read on this site about early 7th gen auto tranny issues and as a result have changed my atf fluid every 25k miles using only Honda ATF-Z1. Perfect except for that damn grade logic, hate it.
Old 02-27-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by CraigW
Why No... I bought my 05 new 5 years ago and read on this site about early 7th gen auto tranny issues and as a result have changed my atf fluid every 25k miles using only Honda ATF-Z1. Perfect except for that damn grade logic, hate it.
Hi there

I have had my 05 Civic since new and no problems with Auto Tranny at all. I get my oil changed every 5000KM and Tranny Fluid Every 80000 KM. Currently have 125000 on my Civic...
Old 02-28-2010

Originally Posted by d17a1888

I saw this reply that came up so I answered them, probably like the million other single posters who never return.

Off topic for sure.