I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Need help with Python 880xp remote start

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NorrinRadd is an unknown quantity at this point
Need help with Python 880xp remote start

Does anybody know how to get the Python 880xp alarm's remote start feature to work with a manual transmission? The Python 880xp wasn't made to work with both autos and manuals like Compustar alarms, but I know it can be done. So does anybody have the knowledge to do this (i.e., what relay do I need and where to wire it) with the Python 880xp or a similar alarm with remote start not made for manual transmission, thanks.
Old 03-30-2003
Registered!!

zero2seven is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the Clifford Matrix 3 (DEI version of the Clifford) and have the DEI add on Remote Start. You have to bypass the clucth wire. This wire is green and is in a yellow plug on the top of the clucth pedal. Check this wire, it should show ground when pushed in. Now there is a couple of ways to do this. Either you can short the yellow plug together ( connect the wires together, it basically is a clucth cancel and you don't have to push the clucth in to start the car anymore) or on the Python there should be a blue and black stripe wire connect it to the green wire in the yellow plug. Also did you pick up the Immobilizer bypass for the car? If not you need to. The bypass moduel is DEI part # 555I or 555T. I used the 555I because it memorizes the key instead of the 555T which you have to leave a spare key inside a box. If you need anymore wireing tips or questions just PM me and I will try to help. Also for safety measures the Black with white stripe wire should be connected to the parking brake. This wire doesn't allow the remote start to work if it is not grounded. And last but not least all this info is on a as is basis and i am not liable for you mess ups or anything like that. Just wanted to let you know. Good Luck!
Old 03-31-2003
Registered!!

Cool, thanks for the info. I already figured out the clutch bypass and installed the 555I immobilizer. Now, though I need to install the safety wires to my e-brake, but I also want to know where the wires for my climate controls are so they can turn on during remote start too? Are they in the ignition harness or somwhere else? Thanks a lot.
Old 03-31-2003
Registered!!

slowlx2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
they are in the ignition harness. zeroseven: the dei module is actually a 555u for the key bypass. I wanted to let ya know
norrin the colors at the ignition harness are
12v white
starter- black with white
ignition- black with yellow
accessory- black with red
2nd accessory- white with red
1st accessory will power up the heater/ac/c controls the second will do the radio as well. hope this helps
Old 03-31-2003
Registered!!

zero2seven is an unknown quantity at this point
My bad got the numbers mixed up thinking of another car thanks for lookin out.

Last edited by zero2seven; 03-31-2003 at 01:02 PM.
Old 03-31-2003
Registered!!

Cool, thanks for the quick replies both of you. This really helps... btw I thought 555U was a universal honda/toyota/nissan immobilizer and 555I was more specific to honda's. Also, I have the 555I and it works great the key does not have to be in the box. Again thanks for the info., guys.
Old 03-31-2003
Registered!!

slowlx2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
the 555u can be used on all of the above as well as any gm with passkey 3 or any ford with securelock or pats. as long as there is a transponder based in the key that sends out an rf code to the antenna ring around the keycylinder it will work.the 555i is for hondas/ and acuras ithink that's it. for gms it's a 555g and for fords, and some toyotas it's a 555f. I think that covers it. good luck with the install. let me know how it goes. I'm doing my alarm tomorrow. I had a 1500esp but we just got in the new code alarm similar to the 88xp and i really like it so I'm swapping them tomorrow. let me know how you like the python
Old 03-31-2003
Mr. Negative
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

DaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the rough
You can also use the Override from here. That is the one I had installed in my car when my remote start was put in. Works very slick, and dont give up a key either.
Old 04-01-2003
Registered!!

custom2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not really familiar with the python unit but most unit will have a valet switch which has an on /off setting and is normally run to a ground. If the unit was that style setup then instead of grounding it, run it to the ebrake wire in the center console. That way when the ebrake is on the unit is grounded and will start, otherwise it won't even try.