I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

DIY Fiberglass Box

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2003
7thgen Man-gina

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01WingsWestCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb DIY Fiberglass Box

Ive noticed theres a lot interest in learning to fiberglass stuff, especially speaker boxes. Im expecting my new system any day now and will be conducting a very detailed DIY for all you who are interested. I will be installing two 10 inch Pioneer IMPPs and a Pioneer 800w amp. The box will be installed where the spare tire well is. The amp will be mounted in the front and center, it will be the first thing you see when the trunk is opened, the subs will be be above it and on either side. The entire shape of the new well cover will be glassed with the subs and amp raised in a smooth, fluid shape. As soon as the subs and amp arive I will post an update and begin immediately. I hope there will be some interest and Ill be able to help some people out.
Old 03-17-2003
Ed
Registered!!

Ed will become famous soon enoughEd will become famous soon enough
I remember that Ludlam Theory had one as a sticky back before the move, I tried searching for it, but I couldn't find it. He was doing the exact same thing.
Old 03-17-2003
i boogie for the raindrops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LudlamTheory is an unknown quantity at this point
I was doing one, but the move kinda screwed with stuff. I'll find it and bring it back, if not, i'll just wait till i finish and then post up a massive one
Old 03-17-2003
Registered!!

Subrage is an unknown quantity at this point
i started one but in the middle of it, got tired of the sytem and sold alot of it. now for a new system
Old 03-17-2003
7thgen Man-gina

I just figured Id do one cause I couldnt find one with a lot of pics and thats what most people always want.
Old 03-17-2003
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
did you find mine? or did you find BOTH of them?

these ppl are interested, but they want to hear it from you every time. noone here actually cares enough to find it on their own then apply themselves. maybe 2 people here I have seen try. and they actually have the dedication themselves not to need a DIY.

fiberglass doesnt need a diy, ive learned, you either do it or you dont. and if you dont, you say you want to. but you never put the initiative for it forward

Last edited by WhiteRabbit; 03-17-2003 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-18-2003
7thgen Man-gina

I actually have read both or yours. I read them both because I had no experience with it and wanted a base to get started. I always see people posting wanting to know more about it. Its kind of straight forward IMO. I build the base out of MDF for sound quality and stability, then glass the surface. I think its more of a patience thing, people dont want to take the time to sand it and make it look good. Just my opinion though.