I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

02 EX coupe.. 4 wires leading to OEM woofer, how do i wire xover?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2002
Just Be

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MangoEX should not be trusted
02 EX coupe.. 4 wires leading to OEM woofer, how do i wire xover?

I have an '02 Civic EX COUPE, and I'm trying to install Polk Momo MM6 component speakers.

Couple of questions...

I installed components in an older car before, so i know how to wire them etc... input/tweeters/woofer etc etc..
but the Civic EX comes with tweeters as OEM, so there is now 4 wires leading to the stock woofer.. my question is: Which two wires do i wire to the "input terminal" of my crossover? Theres two greens and two greys.

Also, seems the tweeter has their own harness.. do i just disregard that or do i connect my tweeters using that and just splice them into the existing harness.. seems theres a resister that is connected inline with the tweeter harness.. so would that create a conflict with the x over?

Thanks alot guys!
Old 12-03-2002
Registered!!

AlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really nice
Well you wanna stay away from any factory wirring, so disregard the factory tweeter harness and run your own for your new tweeter and since your not gonna use the factory tweeter anymore you can put all four wires to your input of your crossover and not hurt anything ( Just make sure that the factory tweeter harness is not exposed where it can cause a short).[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-03-2002
Registered!!

dups is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, I basically did what CantSeeMe did but I took the two greens to positive and the two greys to the negetive (if my memory serves me correctly) and into the crossover they went. But other than that, run new wire from the crossover to the individual components.
Old 12-04-2002
Just Be

MangoEX should not be trusted
Dope! thanks guys ill try that. By the way, where exactly should i mount the xover? seems theres no space in between the plastic doorpanel and the steel door panel.. and how would i test that? id have to completely install it and trial and error i guess..
Old 12-04-2002
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

Mystic3030 has a spectacular aura aboutMystic3030 has a spectacular aura about
On my passenger side I installed a crossover behind the kick panel, and on the drivers side, there is a panel under the steering wheel that pops off that my xover is installed on.
Old 12-04-2002
Registered!!

dups is an unknown quantity at this point
maybe I did mine horribly wrong... I just tossed the crossover in the door. Its behind the speaker. I just wired it up, set it inside, and snapped the speaker in.... bad idea?