I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

HU Mounting/Trim/Istallation Kits

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2002
Remebers the old days
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of light
repost

I know this doesn't belong here but my last post got swept under the rug. How many people have replaced there factory HU with a new aftermarket one? I want to change mine but can't find a good installation kit online. I've heard of the American industial,scoche and metra but which one is the best and where can I order one. I live in Germany so it has to be online. I would like to keep the storage slot with the door but it is not manditory. Also does anybody have pics of there own. Thanks in advance for everybodies help. This sight has been a life saver more than once.

Moderator Edit: Renamed title of thread. Moved to I.C.E. (the appropriate section for this thread).
Old 11-30-2002
ak
Retired Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ak can only hope to improve
I changed mine... im using BestBuy.com kit.

It doesn't bend or anything. It's good

also try outpost.com
Old 11-30-2002
Remebers the old days

CrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of light
mabe I just suck but I couldn't find the installation kits on either one of the sites.Am I just blind or are they somewhere else?
Old 11-30-2002

liquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trusted
[hr]Originally posted by: ak
I changed mine... im using BestBuy.com kit.

It doesn't bend or anything. It's good

also try outpost.com[hr]
my best buy kit has a big bend along the bottom. and it doesn't match the texture of the dash at all. i don't think it's a good kit at all, but i'm going to get my $15 out of it.
Old 11-30-2002
Registered!!

doubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nice
i am unhappy with the scoche (or however it is spelled) kit myself. i could not get it to fit in right, one corner overlaps the rest of the dash, and it has a little rattle to it too. so i'd try a different one, imo.
Old 11-30-2002
Registered!!

Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future
The Best Buy Kit definately has the best fit, although it may not match the dash all too good.

The Metra Turbo Kit (Just the top piece to keep the OEM pocket) Sucks

I guess the Metra kit with the pocket would fit and look good cause they at least try to match the factory color.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-30-2002
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
i love bestbuy kit. i dontkonw mine fits perfect. american international