I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

How to install

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2002
rp
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rp is an unknown quantity at this point
How to install

component speakers in the 2002 civic lx coupe
i saw the link at dyi but it doesnt say anything about copmponent speakers specifically the tweeters how do i install them on my car
Old 07-23-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
which component set?.. do you have OEM tweeter pods?
Old 07-23-2002
Registered!!

dnutz is an unknown quantity at this point
I put componets in my 2001 LX. I have pwr mirrors, I put the tweeter on the black plastic piece that is above the door panel. I drilled 3 holes in it, 1 for my wires and 2 to mount is I put it down low and used the angle mount kit with it. It almost touches the dash when the door is closed and is pointed right at your face.. I'll take pics soon and post.. The hardest part about mounting them was picking a spot for their xovers. I put them in the center console under the plack plastic piece that surrounds the e-brake. I chose there instead of the door to keep another rattle from the door.

I went with Boston Acoustic. RS620's they are a few years old, but sound GREAT!

Good luck, if you have any q's ask, I should know since I just did mine last week!
Old 07-23-2002
Registered!!

tsunamisplash is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: dnutz
I put componets in my 2001 LX. I have pwr mirrors, I put the tweeter on the black plastic piece that is above the door panel. I drilled 3 holes in it, 1 for my wires and 2 to mount is I put it down low and used the angle mount kit with it. It almost touches the dash when the door is closed and is pointed right at your face.. I'll take pics soon and post.. The hardest part about mounting them was picking a spot for their xovers. I put them in the center console under the plack plastic piece that surrounds the e-brake. I chose there instead of the door to keep another rattle from the door.

I went with Boston Acoustic. RS620's they are a few years old, but sound GREAT!

Good luck, if you have any q's ask, I should know since I just did mine last week![hr]
eh? didn't you have tweeter pods? if not.. why didn't you just get them? haha..

i personally have a dx and my side mirrors are manual, so i dun have tweeter pods. i chose to use a metal strap secured from one of the screws i used to mount the speaker in the door. i then adhered it tweeter to the metal strap and angled it to create some sort of ghetto rigged sound stage. it seems to have worked pretty well.

anyhoo.. there are many alternatives and options when installing tweeters. get creative, but remember that it can't just look pretty, it should also be functional.
Old 07-24-2002
Registered!!

I didn't have tweeter pods.. didn't realy think about it either.. looks good how it is though..
Old 07-24-2002
Registered!!

Bdubb is an unknown quantity at this point
For my components on the front door I decided not to put it in the traditional OEM part or pod I just matched up the two door panels and cut out a hole for the tweeter just know that the door is not flush and you are going to have a gap I mean it isnt really noticible it jost wont sit flush. I can show you pics of mine if you want.
Old 07-24-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: Bdubb
For my components on the front door I decided not to put it in the traditional OEM part or pod I just matched up the two door panels and cut out a hole for the tweeter just know that the door is not flush and you are going to have a gap I mean it isnt really noticible it jost wont sit flush. I can show you pics of mine if you want.[hr]
I'd like to see pics of that
Old 07-25-2002
rp
Registered!!

rp is an unknown quantity at this point
yeh can i see the pic