I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

H/U Install ATTN Grey

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pponu is an unknown quantity at this point
H/U Install

I'm going to be installing a new JVC KD SH707 in my car and was wondering since I already have a older (4yrs) JVC deck in there what am I going to need as far as supplies? Will it be as easy as pulling the negative terminal off the battery, pulling the dash apart and exchanging the decks?
Old 07-01-2002
Registered!!

JDog2001CivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
If the harness is the same between the two decks then all it is, is a pull out the old deck and swap in the new deck, but if you are installing a new JVC deck that has a different harness, then you need a new wiring harness, and maybe even new install kit.

Joe
Old 07-03-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
Yeah, I don't know what kind of trim kit you have, but I'de get the American International installation kit while you're at it. That is if you need a wiring harness. Take out the old headunit to make sure. I see some nice deals on Ebay for a American International installation kit and wiring harness. If you need to use a new harness then just match up the colors on the wires and solder them together. it should work nicely. I soldered mine together and also had shrink wrap tubing on there as insulation. If you don't have that, then plain old electrical tape should work fine. You can probably reuse the wiring harness that's in there now. I guess you're asking 'cause you didn't install that deck yourself? Anyway, to reuse the harness all you have to do is cut it before the soldering and strip the wire. Then just solder everything up as I said. The first step is to take out the center console and see what the situation is like though...