I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Big 3 01 Civic EX Manual?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kaivorth is an unknown quantity at this point
Big 3 01 Civic EX Manual?

Does this look like a good spot for my ground? Stock is garbage, and I don't even think in the proper spot or bolted down. Also doing the negative terminal to under the fuse stock cable change.

1. Using KnuKoncept 0 Gauge wire
  2. Can I use
    these these
    connectors for everything? Lot easier than soldering everything.
  3. Or is it best to stick with the
    traditional traditional
    ones?
  4. And where is the 3rd cable to the big 3?

Old 01-17-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Big 3 01 Civic EX Manual?

Pic 1: I would not use the bolt on the airbox as a ground.

I would lift up that box and reuse the original ground location on the water neck. I'd clean the aluminum surface before assembly though...File, sandpaper, wire brush, whatever it takes to get clean shiny metal. Clean up the bolt too.

Name:  E9Yk3SNl.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  54.6 KB

Pic 2: Your battery hold down is loose. LOL
Old 01-18-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,451 Likes on 1,204 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

you could always try the electric130 kit - there are some pics of the installation there too.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...kits-sale.html

moving out of the DIY section, since yours is not an instructive thread, rather a question.
Old 01-18-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kaivorth is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ezone
Pic 1: I would not use the bolt on the airbox as a ground.

I would lift up that box and reuse the original ground location on the water neck. I'd clean the aluminum surface before assembly though...File, sandpaper, wire brush, whatever it takes to get clean shiny metal. Clean up the bolt too.

Pic 2: Your battery hold down is loose. LOL
Here we go! So under the airbox, almost where that bolt is showing (A little closer to you on my picture) is where the original ground is? So it's safe to remove that ground I showed in my first picture, and use the new location on the water neck right? Then just have that ground bolt to my chassis?

Would the set screw type cable connector work too? The link is in my first post. Would make everything much easier

I'll fix the battery hold down this spring >:[

Last edited by kaivorth; 01-18-2015 at 10:44 AM.
Old 01-18-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

In the pic I am holding the 2 grounds right by their original locations. The left is one of the computer and sensor grounds, the right is the braided cable you are replacing.

I took this pic as I was assembling during a head gasket job to show some of the little extra things I may do during a job, like cleaning those ground connections.

I think the round boss closest to the radiator hose clamp is where that huge air breather box was attached.