I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Help Locating Keyless Entry Unit

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
andrewfawcett is an unknown quantity at this point
Help Locating Keyless Entry Unit

I bought a 2002 Honda Civic LX from my neighbor who moved to Florida. The car has power locks but since it didn't come with a keyless I assumed it didn't have keyless entry or an alarm installed.

As I was looking through the paperwork the previous owners gave me, I saw an invoice from the dealer to add a car alarm. This led me to believe they lost the keyless remote and did not replace it. Following the keyless entry installation instructions (which I got from H&A), I removed off the dashboard lower cover, the driver's dashboard under cover and the dashboard center lower cover. I was looking for the keyless entry unit, but I couldn't even find the spot it goes it. However, I did find a Karr shock sensor.

Can somebody help determine whether I have the keyless entry unit installed or not? I would be grateful for photos or video of what to look for. I've been searching for installation videos but have yet to find anything.
Old 01-04-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help Locating Keyless Entry Unit

However, I did find a Karr shock sensor.
It sounds like they installed an aftermarket alarm.

Where is the red LED located?

Keep looking under there, find the control unit for it and google the brand and part numbers, maybe you can get new fobs for it.
Old 01-06-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
andrewfawcett is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Help Locating Keyless Entry Unit

You are right. The name of the system is Karr. Many dealers in San Diego were installing these systems (I assume because they are cheaper than the OEM counterpart). For others who come across this thread, I've included a few help links.

Now that I know what I was looking for I found this page:
http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/6313...-an-oem-alarm/
It has pictures of the alarm unit and the LED I mentioned earlier.

The system itself is a Karr 4040a. Here is the manual:
http://mikehmayer.com/stuff/xB/KARR%204040a.pdf

Now I have read that the Karr system can be programmed with the remote for many make and models. Can anyone confirm being able to program a Honda OEM remote with a Karr system?