I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

need help with my 2005 honda civic ex

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trashman008 is an unknown quantity at this point
need help with my 2005 honda civic ex

My father-in-law replaced my wifes complete igition switch assembly with keys. Car will turn over but will not start.

Replaced it because the other switch would not let the key turn at all.
Old 12-27-2014
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: need help with my 2005 honda civic ex

Originally Posted by trashman008
with keys.
Is your green key light on the dash going crazy ?? It should be..... your new keys are not registered with the immobilizer system.
Old 12-27-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Tow it to the dealership. It must be programmed before the computer will let the engine run.

Would have been easier--and may have been cheaper-- to let them retumble the original lock cylinder instead of replacing with used parts.

Also check local locksmiths, maybe one has invested heavily in the equipment needed to program Honda/Acura immobilizer keys.
Old 12-27-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Another option might be to check at the junkyard and see if the car the ignition came out of is an EXACT match to yours....and get the PCM from it. If it's not an exact match, don't bother.