I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Passenger side window not rolling down

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JDMxES1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Passenger side window not rolling down

I got a 2001 honda civic 4dr lx. It all started 2 days ago around 9 at night I was driving home and I started to smell a weird smell. I thought it was my amp that was blown and still plugged in didn't think much of it. I got up for work yesterday didn't roll down my windows all. Cause it was kinda chilly in the morning. By the afternoon it was hot as hell and I went on break I tried rolling down my windows my driver and rear 2 windows went down but my passenger window did not. I tried the switch that's on the passenger side still nothing. I stopped in a parking lot and started to smell the main driver side control panel thing where you roll down windows and the passenger side one smelled bad but when I smelled the switch on the passenger side didn't smell burnt. I have no idea what's going on.
Old 06-21-2014
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Passenger side window not rolling down

Those master switches have been known to cause issues, Look at it close from underneath for dark areas around the problem front passenger switch
Old 06-23-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got2run5 will become famous soon enoughgot2run5 will become famous soon enough
Re: Passenger side window not rolling down

Check ground/power wires running behind the dash. My passenger window would only go up, but not down and everything else was fine. Spliced in a new wire, good as new.