I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Aftermarket Stereo HU & Front Speaker Recommendation.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013
Kenny the Ricer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Aftermarket Stereo HU & Front Speaker Recommendation.

It doesn't have to point a certain way.
I just get OCD and have it straight.

I think I said before, these polks are not the best when it comes to bass, but the mids/highs are beautiful.

There are probably smaller brackets out there, but I have no idea how they fit, removing the plastic from the interior of the panel is no big deal.

As for the connectors, I wouldn't worry too much about them.
I just ghetto rigged mine lol.
Old 07-24-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 305 Likes on 215 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Looks good!! I think the Polk will be my choice when I upgrade. The Infinity's are a little pricey.

Small sub in the trunk will help with that bass issue
Old 07-24-2013
Registered!!

got2run5 will become famous soon enoughgot2run5 will become famous soon enough

Looks good. I use my rears for most of my bass anyway. I'll bet the install was easier that you had thought?

Edit:Are you going to do the rears next now? I recommend it... just search Ghosty's (i think) rear speaker diy and it's an easy step by step if you take your time.
Old 07-24-2013

abhijitz is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, you know how it feels when you have to hack off stuff from your car. Its a used car i got couple of months ago, so i didnt really bother much. But thanks for your help in pm's. I was also bit OCD about the lettering, but then i had to clip off the horizontal tabs. Those two aligned perfect with the bottom holes as a resting point.

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
It doesn't have to point a certain way.
I just get OCD and have it straight.

I think I said before, these polks are not the best when it comes to bass, but the mids/highs are beautiful.

There are probably smaller brackets out there, but I have no idea how they fit, removing the plastic from the interior of the panel is no big deal.

As for the connectors, I wouldn't worry too much about them.
I just ghetto rigged mine lol.

Same here. I think i will just keep the OEM rears for fill. Ya man, you were so right ... I did the first door, being very cautious in a little over an hour, then the passenger side door end to end under 30 mins. I couldnt believe it was so simple

Originally Posted by got2run5
Looks good. I use my rears for most of my bass anyway. I'll bet the install was easier that you had thought?

Initially I was thinking about it, but i think i am happy with how the front sounds. Fader is at +3 with Audio at +3dB. The rear is acting as a fill and i am happy with the overall money i spent, exact 200$ for speakers & HU :thumbup

Originally Posted by got2run5
Edit:Are you going to do the rears next now? I recommend it... just search Ghosty's (i think) rear speaker diy and it's an easy step by step if you take your time.
Old 07-24-2013
Registered!!

got2run5 will become famous soon enoughgot2run5 will become famous soon enough

If you're not going to do it now, rears should def go on your list of stuff to do in the future
Old 07-31-2013
Registered!!

Drew0306 is an unknown quantity at this point

Great info and pic. Thanks