I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

new "special edition VP" gauges troublesshoot ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
laithmajed91 is an unknown quantity at this point
new "special edition VP" gauges troublesshoot ?

hello ,
i recently installed my new red gauges in my 2005 LX sedan , its been a hard project and all , after i was done , i had three extra wires
- two white/red wires with two silver dots
- one black/yellow wire

i also noticed that the airbag and ABS warning lights are lit now ( i dont have either) is there any way to turn off these lights ??

and furthermore , when my alarm engages , my horns dont the car just flashes its signals epileptically

any solutions please ?? pictures are attatched
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20120708_001.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	83646   Click image for larger version

Name:	20120708_002.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	83647   Click image for larger version

Name:	20120708_003.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	83648   Click image for larger version

Name:	20120708_004.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	83649   Click image for larger version

Name:	20120708_005.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	83650  

Old 07-08-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: new "special edition VP" gauges troublesshoot ?

well there is no blk/yel wire, so idk about that one. recheck the colors and post back. should be in the format solid/stripe color. i thought maybe you meant yel/blk but that is for the fuel gauge which seems to be working. the wht/red wires (assuming you have it labeled as solid/stripe) are both for fuse 9. in the old wiring, one wire went to the green plug and the other to the blue plug. in the new wiring, you only need one of those wires and only connected to the green plug (it goes next to the yellow wire in the same row, and on the other side there should be a blank). the wht/red wire controls a whole bunch of different things so you need that hooked properly. the blu/red wire is for ABS (which your lx does not have), so to turn the light off i believe you can ground this wire from the gauge connector to the chassis. the srs is pink/blu and that should have been connected if you wired everything correctly. one possible reason the srs light is on may be if you forgot to disconnect the battery before swapping wires, or you turned the car on without the cluster connected. if the wire is installed properly, then you need to try and reset the srs light (not easy, but there is a diy here somewhere).
Old 07-08-2012
Registered!!

thanks for the quick reply gear box ! i ll re check everything tomorrow , and my car doesn't have airbags , it is still possible to shut off the airbag light right ??
and am in love with my new gauges )
Old 07-08-2012
Registered!!

ooh yes and i did disconnect the battery , but i hooked it up before i was done so thats probably it , i ll try and ground the ABS

but as for the white/red wires ? are they needed now ? everything is working great now except for the factory alarm , could it be it ?
Old 07-08-2012
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

ah okay, if you have no installed airbags the light will remain on. i am not sure how to bypass that but you could try grounding the srs wire (like with the abs wire). the white/red wire is certainly needed and i would hook one of them to the green plug where i indicated.
Old 07-10-2012
Registered!!

do u have any idea which plug and connector spot should i use to ground ABS and SRS ?? because to be honest am afraid of trying and messing something uo gear box :/

thanks for the great help btw
Old 07-10-2012
Premium Member

well it would be whatever the pin is on the diagram. i already posted the colors. so pin them like the diagram says into the new arrangement, then cut the wire from the harness and ground it. so it should go from a ground bolt to the cluster pin. it will turn the light off because it does not get a + power input.