I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

whos got aftermarket alarms??

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light
Re: whos got aftermarket alarms??

I have had the whole two way pager and all. I too think alarms are a waste of time and money. Especially without a second siren and a second backup battery. Not many shops install back up batteries or a second hidden siren. They are pointless once the siren is disabled, because at that point all you have is flashing lights. Realistically no one is going to still a 7th gen unless its heavily modified with thousands invested in it. If thats the case you should probably use wheel locks or keep it garaged. The only way they are taking it is flatbed or towtruck. Otherwise I would just put fire and theft insurance on it and call it a day.

If I owned a car that was "steal worthy" without a chipped ecu and key I would go with either wheel locks or the brake pedal mechinism that prevents the brake to be pressed, or possibly both. Just my thoughts
Old 12-29-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boyd117 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: whos got aftermarket alarms??

Originally Posted by 04 Honda Civic
I have had the whole two way pager and all. I too think alarms are a waste of time and money. Especially without a second siren and a second backup battery. Not many shops install back up batteries or a second hidden siren. They are pointless once the siren is disabled, because at that point all you have is flashing lights. Realistically no one is going to still a 7th gen unless its heavily modified with thousands invested in it. If thats the case you should probably use wheel locks or keep it garaged. The only way they are taking it is flatbed or towtruck. Otherwise I would just put fire and theft insurance on it and call it a day.
I see this differently because when my alarm goes off(which it has) my pager notifies me up to a mile away and even better my phone will alert me also. I paid a grand total of $300 for parts and I installed it. Living in Canada I need the remote start the alarm was just the bonus...