I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Head unit loses power. Officially stumped.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oblivious_Killa is an unknown quantity at this point
Head unit loses power. Officially stumped.

When I'm driving and the RPMs are above 1,00 there isn't a problem. Now the problem is that when the RPMs drop below (when I'm stopping) the head unit shuts off then turns back on. I'm not sure if its power problems because the amp to my subs does not lose power. The guy at the audio shop requested I changed my rear speakers because since they were blown they could have been putting my head unit into protection mode. So I did and....Nothing. I then replaced the front door speakers and still....Nothing. The only thing I'm left with is that it's a problem with the head unit.

Can someone please help?

Also, if I keep my foot on the gas slightly, it doesn't shut off.
Old 09-15-2011
CIVIC USER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trusted
Re: Head unit loses power. Officially stumped.

I had similiar simptoms two weeks ago. Within a few days my battery was dead. If your like me, your power is not distributed evenly, your battery is maxed out, and your alternator is barely hanging on. Let me know what happens.
Old 09-15-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Head unit loses power. Officially stumped.

jbrown wtf happened to your reputation ive never seen so much red on this forum.