I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Help with dash kit 2003 Honda Civic

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lavenderrays is an unknown quantity at this point
Help with dash kit 2003 Honda Civic

I am having trouble with the dash kit. I want to keep the factor flip compartment but replace the stereo.

My local best buy (IDIOTS) only have this:

The slot it comes with is pitiful, so no thanks on that.

Best buy website carries:

Will this allow me to keep my flip compartment???

If anyone knows please let me know.
Thanks!
Old 05-13-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,449 Likes on 1,203 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Help with dash kit 2003 Honda Civic

you have something in common with them. this forum is for 2012 civics, yours is a 2003. please read forum description before posting.
Old 05-13-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

metra has a single trim piece that keeps the factory pocket and only installs the radio above it. check ebay

Old 05-13-2011
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
you have something in common with them. this forum is for 2012 civics, yours is a 2003. please read forum description before posting.
I have no contribution to this thread, but have I mention,
I freaking love you ?!

Dont kill me bro !
Old 05-14-2011
Registered!!

lavenderrays is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
WOW sdaidoji - what a friendly welcome to this website. it was a mere mistake and your asinine commentary is not only unwarranted, but it is also unfriendly.

HOWEVER, i wil surely remedy my DEPLORABLE behavior so as not to upset the masses of 'sdaidoji's' out there in honda civic world (God forbid's it).

AND thank you to those guys out there who don't mind helpin a chick out when its needed! Chivalry is not COMPLETELY dead!

-Nicole
Old 05-14-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

you case was not an emergency, so you could have read before posting, as clearly stated in the forum when you join in.
Chivalry does not have anything to do with this and you also started by calling other people idiots, so that does not help in any manner. BTW, if you ask for manners, please show it too
Old 05-14-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum, glad you found your answer

Also... This should be good...
Old 05-14-2011
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by lavenderrays
WOW sdaidoji - what a friendly welcome to this website. it was a mere mistake and your asinine commentary is not only unwarranted, but it is also unfriendly.

HOWEVER, i wil surely remedy my DEPLORABLE behavior so as not to upset the masses of 'sdaidoji's' out there in honda civic world (God forbid's it).

AND thank you to those guys out there who don't mind helpin a chick out when its needed! Chivalry is not COMPLETELY dead!

-Nicole
Okay, CLEARLY, somebody let you out of the kitchen FAR too early.
Go back to the kitchen and make Sdaidoji a sammich with a dash of respect sprinkled on it as a proper apology

But really, you come on a forum, calling the Best Buy employee idiots? You think people here will be "OMG LUL I AGREE !!!11!!11!" ? Do realize for SOME people, it could be their first job, or the job that supports their family. Sure, they're not as knowledgeable as someone else, but there's no rights to classify that ALL of their employees are idiots.

If you want respect, show it, and you will get it right back - did mommy forget to teach you that?

And so, with that said, I agree with Sdaidoji, your case wasn't an emergency, your car isn't falling apart that it needed immediate attention. So the next time you decide to come on here and rudely ask for help, I mean ask for help without the name calling, please do make sure to post in the correct subforum for your car.

Old 05-14-2011
Whachya lookin at?

BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Holy crap people chill out... her first post was in the wrong section big deal. I don't agree with best buy employees being idiots but a lot of them sure as hell don't care about the customer nor do they know their products...
Old 05-14-2011
=)

A lot of them, but there's still that handful that does know their **** .
Old 05-14-2011
Whachya lookin at?

I guess...
Old 05-14-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

to be honest, i don't remember actually being disrespectful...