I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Don't know if i should? HID?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011
xxslayerodxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xxslayerodxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Don't know if i should? HID?

I have these JDM Halo/Projector Headlights and i wanna get 8000k HID Kit but my buddy was telling me its not worth it actually makes the projector less bright. Is that true?
Old 01-22-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: Don't know if i should? HID?

8000k hid will still output more luems than regular halogen. but the light color is useless to the eyes than the halogen
Old 01-22-2011
xxslayerodxx

So get the HIDs
Old 01-22-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

yea, but dont get 8000k. its gay.

6000 is the highest you should go.

any for the record, there is no such thing as JDM projectors.
Old 01-22-2011
xxslayerodxx

alright cool thanks
Old 01-22-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

it wont look good. projectors already suck with halogen, will be even worse with hid
Old 01-22-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
dont get 8000k. its gay.
Couldn't have said it better lol
Old 01-22-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

It's not gay, it's ricey, don't confuse the terms.

The only way anyone should go HID is with HID projectors, HID in a reflector housing will never give great light output and always looks bad.
Old 01-22-2011
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MindBomber
It's not gay, it's ricey, don't confuse the terms.
sometimes interchangable.. lol
Old 01-22-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
sometimes interchangable.. lol
interchangeable in some contexts perhaps, but given the route definition of the word in those contexts it's really nothing more than a desensitized homophobic slur. It's not a word that should be used by anyone to describe something negative, especially educated people with vocabularies that offer them ample alternatives.
Old 01-22-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

I work with a lot of gay people, i have 2 gay managers, another gay employee, and a couple that are Bi.

They call eachother gay and a bunch of other words that mean gay, all the time ... and they don't care when i use it. I've never met a homosexual who got offended when i used the term improperly... unless they said they cared but then told me they really didn't.

But either way thats completely off topic.
Old 01-22-2011
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I got a buncha gay/bi friends and fam that use it in that context, too..

anyways, back on topic. 8000k is dumb.
Old 01-22-2011
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i like lesbians
Old 01-22-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by gearbox
i like lesbians
lol win
Old 01-22-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

I suppose it depends on the social circle; I'm offended by it as are most of my gay, lesbian, bi-sexual friends and family when it's used in that context.

whatevs, I said my piece.

Anything above 6000k is dumb and that increases exponentially as the K rating increases.
Old 01-22-2011
xxslayerodxx

I gotta a load of questions like should I go K&N high performance intake or aem cold air intake and I wanted to get some rims but should I go 17x7 or 17x8 and lose turn radius also would I need to get spacers
Old 01-22-2011
Registered!!

billing10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gearbox
i like lesbians
lol Sorry but i hate lesbians thats less ***** for us boys lol
Old 01-22-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Best thing to do is ask your questions one at a time, let people respond then ask another.

You live in Ontario so I would advise against a cold air intake unless you get a water shield or bypass, driving through a puddle can suck water straight into the engine and hydrolock it. I'd suggest buying a short ram intake instead, the best set-up for that is a ebay pipe with a denso filter. Whether K&N, AEM, Injin or some anonymous chinese company makes the pipe doesn't matter, the filter is the important part.
Old 01-22-2011
xxslayerodxx

http://images.carparts.com/product_i..._n/57-3513.jpg.

I was thinking about this one
Old 01-22-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Thats a short ram, it'll work, but like I said your throwing money away on a sticker.