I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Boss BV series head units

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kyle_l88 will become famous soon enoughkyle_l88 will become famous soon enough
Boss BV series head units

Simple Question, are the Boss BV series head units any good? I like the fact that they have multiple outputs and a rear view camera input. Stuff like that. The most useful that i LOVE about it is the SD/USB inputs, really handy. Around 80watts x 4 peak output. So im guessing about 40rms give or take which is fine. Anyone own one of these. Im specificallly looking at the Boss Audio BV7320 model.

http://www.amazon.com/Boss-BV7320-To.../dp/B0032FOK1A

And if you dont like Boss head units give me some recommendations .
Old 11-10-2010
Autocross Padawan

Zeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Boss BV series head units

My buddy has a BV9990 head unit and he really enjoys it. He's had it for almost two years and he's had no problems with it. Like you said, lots of cool features. I don't have anything against Boss because I haven't owned one myself, but I would look at some pioneer head units... I've owned two different pioneer head units, one was a hand-me-down from my brother and the second one:

http://www.crutchfield.com/s_130P620...H-P6200BT.html

Both have operated flawlessly. They don't have all of those neat features, but I could never imagine using all of them anyways. My parents new X5 has a back up camera and every time I drive it I still just look over my shoulder. Bluetooth and iPod compatibility are all the features I need.
Old 11-12-2010
Registered!!

kyle_l88 will become famous soon enoughkyle_l88 will become famous soon enough
Re: Boss BV series head units

Yea the back up camera is just more of a novelty lol. but I like the USB/SD card idea. THAT is very useful. Worth paying just for that. Does the pioneer series have anything like that ?