I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

auto. tran. tunable ecu?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
auto. tran. tunable ecu?

first off, yes i looked into the threads already posted. granted i only went four pages deep into the history. i have an auto d17a2 and would like to know if there even is an option for tuning these cars. if so which options do i have. cheaper is better and i'm looking to run just short ram intake/race header/hi-flow cat/hi flow cat. back, for the moment so real time tunability isn't really needed. i was thinking something like hondata's s100 chip that could be tuned and left until i add more options. i know the s100 doesn't work on auto's. as well if anyone has links to supercharger options please post them. (i don't know of any superchargers made for the civic, but a good jimmy rigged setup would help). thx again peepZ!
Old 07-30-2010
HLC
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HLC is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: auto. tran. tunable ecu?

no you can't. don't even try.

there are no options for anything you want to do.
Old 08-02-2010

mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

you're saying that there is no tunable ecu for the auto. i'm not asking you if you think it's wise to tune it or cost effective.
Old 08-02-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

Tuning a auto is completely pointless and dont think there is one for an auto. Just change to a manual already then start doing things.
Old 08-02-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Could someone who isn't a manual fanatic please respond, I want to know too!

I'm not doing a manual swap, I bought an auto because thats what I prefer and I'll build it up with a level 10 kit. At my local drag strip there are several FAST autos, its possible!
Old 08-02-2010

how much is a manual transmission plus all the riggings, plus labor? i'm guessing 1500 or more? plus the ecu and labor... might as well sell my car, buy a 3000gt and keep the profit to maintain the vr4. 9k(for my car)-6.5k for the vr4 = 2.5k for weight reduction or fixing it when it breaks down. =( poor little auto
Old 08-02-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I've seen a couple guys parting out 7th gens on Craigslist in Vancouver, if you find something like that you could prob buy the parts for $1000. Also I got quoted $750 for labor by a shop that specializes in swapping civic/acura motors.

Mac25: Where in Canada are you?
Old 08-02-2010
HLC
Registered!!

HLC is an unknown quantity at this point

ok pretty much the only way to go for a reliable engine management setup is kpro. plain and simple. kpro is only manual compatible.

on a side note, the auto trannys in the civic are terrible and tend to fail quite often. don't think you can "build" the auto up like you can in say a supra or something. just don't even bother trying to go for big numbers in a civic without having a manual. the auto cannot take it and will fail.
Old 08-02-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Check out this site: http://www.importperformancetrans.com.

The auto trans rebuild kits eliminate the defective clutch packs that cause our transmissions to fail so quickly. Its possible to build an auto transmission that can handle the numbers a civic puts out, especially for the 95% of us that will never break 300hp. No one has attempted it yet, but its possible.
Old 08-03-2010

thx for the details hlc =). i'm not looking for huge hp gains though. i'd like to see 140hp. then weight reduction, no gutting it but things like carbon hood, trunk, light rims. the problem is the stock ecu is made for economic drivers. so i want the ecu to be tunable so i can set it up to be more responsive and aggressive, not so much for supercharging or turbo even though i'd live that power. then maybe some suspension. i want it for driving not dragging. where i live there are lots of nice winding abandoned roads in great condition so i like cornering and response. if anyone knows of an auto tuning system please tell me. and mindbomb, i'm in BC, you?
Old 08-03-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

I`m in British Columbia too

Theres an AEM Fuel Ignition Controller for autos.
http://www.procivic.com/pages-produc...949/index.html

Greddy e-Manage Ultimate for autos.
http://www.procivic.com/pages-produc...669/index.html
Old 08-03-2010
Registered!!

hwt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

emanage blue is about the only thing you can use on the auto and its a piggy back, unless you plan on buiding your own super charge kit there is not one ( endyne used to make one, but now more, and he wont from what they told me), look around there are posts on rebuilding your auto with teh stronger disc and what not so that its not such an issue. word to the wise have fun with your car but know that its a waste of money b/c it will never be that fastest/ i ropck the i/h/e and my car is low, slow, reliable, and almost paid for ( how and gas mileage is not to shabby)
Old 08-03-2010

thx guys! mindbomb, what kind of car?
Old 08-03-2010
Registered!!

2k5reverb will become famous soon enough

Hey i have an Auto with turbo and im using pcs xfc with a plug and play harness. Super easy to tune. And im from BC as well lol.
Old 08-03-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

@mac25: 2k2 Si-G in Silver, but I took the spoiler off.

@the guys from BC: I live in the Fraser Valley, where in BC are you guys from?
Old 08-03-2010

langley