I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

this is called going too far

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
this is called going too far

lol thread speaks for itself

http://www.secondskinaudio.com/forum...ead.php?t=1339
Old 01-11-2010
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Re: this is called going too far

I finally hit the 23rd and last page to that thread as my hand lost all feeling over the mouse. **** man, thats WORK. I admire all the effort he put it, but shoot, its still an old *** accord when hes done with it. :-/ Good learning experience.
Old 01-11-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cloud2987 is an unknown quantity at this point

that is pretty cool, i bet it sounds good.. I used some e-dead on my doors.

Check out this 04 accord coupe twin turbo.. est 400 whp

http://www.pasmag.com/index.php?opti...466&Itemid=105

Last edited by cloud2987; 01-11-2010 at 05:42 PM.
Old 01-11-2010
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i browsed around some more at that forum and he is still doing stuff to his car lol.
Old 01-11-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

holy crap all that work and he installs pioneer speakers face palm.
Old 01-11-2010
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

I read all 23 pages and am wondering if that white foam would really do anything. It looks pretty useless for absorbing sound. Anyone know how much room is above the headliner (no moon roof) in our civics? I want to put some carpet padding up there.
Old 01-11-2010
Registered!!

Awjvail is an unknown quantity at this point

That crap must weigh a freaking tonne.

No need to lower it anymore...
Old 01-11-2010
Registered!!

03civicexR is an unknown quantity at this point

holy crap! lol hes putting in more weight when im trying to remove it
Old 01-11-2010
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

there is a decent amount of room to put some jute on the back
Old 01-11-2010
Premium Member

lol same here, im very careful how i sound proof the car. carpet pad and foam is light, and it blocks sound better than dynamat type materials. i have carpet pad in the doors and also in the rear folding seats (there is actually the perfect empty space to add carpet pad in there). havent done the roof due to stupid moonroof sliding back, but its just a thin sheetmetal up there and i can hear everything thru it like the moonroof is open. if you dont have a moonroof, theres plenty of space up there for maybe 2 layers or more of padding lol. if i ever disconnect my moonroof motor, i will throw padding in there for sure.
Old 01-11-2010
Registered!!

Smile Re: this is called going too far

hmm.. I use Edead 45 on my doors and it definitely made a difference with sound quality and less road noise. It is only a dollar a square foot, but I would recommend getting the thicker one (Edead80, ) $1.50

http://www.edesignaudio.com/index.php?cPath=1_24
Old 01-11-2010
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Those are the answers I was looking for. Thanks fellas. I hope I have enough left in the roll for 2 layers.
Old 01-11-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by cloud2987
hmm.. I use Edead 45 on my doors and it definitely made a difference with sound quality and less road noise. It is only a dollar a square foot, but I would recommend getting the thicker one (Edead80, ) $1.50

http://www.edesignaudio.com/index.php?cPath=1_24
I helped my buddy put a layer of that stuff into his Tacoma (two layers in the back) and I barely noticed a difference. I'm kind of skeptical of it.
Old 01-12-2010
Registered!!

its sound deader not sound proofer there is a big difference.
Old 01-12-2010
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

I want to take a nap after reading that
Old 01-12-2010
Premium Member

yeah he did everything backwards. 25% coverage of deadener and he shouldve been done. then focus everything else on sound barrier mats and foams.
Old 01-12-2010
Registered!!

lol.. Is he using the car for audio competition? that would be the only reason I would do that shyt..

I used some foam from homedepot to sound deaden the rear deck and some weatherstrip between the brake light and rear window.. cause I had a shyt load of rattling when my system was on..

$8.05 FoamSealR

Name:  Photo0307.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  57.0 KB

Name:  Photo0310.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  43.4 KB
Old 01-12-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lowlife9
its sound deader not sound proofer there is a big difference.
He put luxury liner stuff on top.
Old 01-12-2010
Premium Member

yeah i doubt its a competition car if he has those crappy speakers lol. i think he did it more for road and exhaust noise. but he did spend some time sealing the speakers to the doors so it prolly sounds good. i wouldnt use clay, but oh well. butyl tape is much easier to work with and more effective.