I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Fuses? :/

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ginfu is an unknown quantity at this point
Fuses? :/

Sup people...just installed a new hu and my locks and lights dont work when the ignition is in the first position...the hu doesn't come on at all. It's brand new. Did some research and I'm thinkin blown fuse(s). What do you think :/
Old 12-29-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fuses? :/

did you connect the wires properly? you cannot just match up the colors, alot of times they are different and you need to use the wire diagrams from the harness and radio. check all your fuses too.
Old 12-29-2009
Registered!!

yessur they're matched properly...so what's the quickest way to check the fuses?
Old 12-30-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

get a flashlight and look at each fuse, make sure the metal is not broken in the middle. there is a fusebox under the dash (above the brake pedal) and also next to the battery under the hood.
Old 12-30-2009
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

"back up" fuse in under hood box.
Old 12-30-2009
Whachya lookin at?

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Did you hook up the illuminator/dimmer wire?? That would do it.
Old 12-30-2009
Whachya lookin at?

BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Did you hook up the illuminator/dimmer wire?? That would do it.
Old 12-30-2009

CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Can't even be sure if it is a 7th gen or not.

The back up fuse pertains to items that require constant power.

When you tie in wrong for the illumination it opens the "small lights" fuse.
Old 12-30-2009
Registered!!

I fixed it today...went and checked out the box and it was the back up fuse...what's that one used for anyway and how'd i pop it?
Old 12-31-2009

"The back up fuse pertains to items that require constant power"

It is used for your radios clock and station memory and also for the constant power for the keyless reciever as well as other things.
Old 01-05-2010
Registered!!

oh ok cool...thanks that's good to know cause my keyless remote was actin a fool too lol
Old 01-08-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Next time you do ANY electrical work on your car disconnect the Negative (-) battery terminal so this **** doesnt happen, your lucky thats all you blew.
Old 01-08-2010
Whachya lookin at?

^ I second that