I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

o2 spakers??

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jlvs021 is an unknown quantity at this point
o2 spakers??

what do you guys think about this speakers:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PAIR-NEW-O2-OXYG...ht_4604wt_1167

ive heard the new o2 speakers and there pretty good but dont know how good that version is, anyone have them in there car?

thanks for the help

Last edited by jlvs021; 10-25-2009 at 06:35 PM. Reason: words
Old 10-25-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all
Re: o2 spakers??

garbage.

you can tell by the materials used. they look like any stock car speakers of any model - except newer and painted prettier colours.

junk.
Old 10-25-2009
Registered!!

thanks man, im looking for some good 8'' speakers for my mids, ii want a good sq setup but i dont want to break the bank, any suggestions?
Old 10-25-2009
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

infinity reference
Old 10-25-2009
Registered!!

unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

yeah i would take his word for it. i have never tried or even heard the infinity references perform, but i have infinity kappa 692.9i 6x9s as my rears, and ive never heard nicer or more clear speakers before. theres a reason infinity is always at the top.

you posted that link from ebay, so youre obviously an ebayer. i bet you can find a good deal for some if you luck out and watch carefully for a week or two.

i got my 6x9s for like $70 altogether including shipping. i would imagine you could probably find a set of those for like $50
Old 10-25-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

infinity ref is a great budget speaker if you want better than stock. its not the best, but its better than other speakers in that price range ($80-100). ive had mine for 7 yrs but they are starting to show their age and some of the rubber surrounds are tearing open. time for new speakers i guess even tho its such a pain to install. our 92 accord was so easy, i replaced all 4 in 30 mins since everything just screws out without removing any trim pieces. the civic will take several hrs.
Old 10-25-2009
Registered!!

Staninator is an unknown quantity at this point

Alpine makes good components. I have the infinity reference in my civic and they sounds great for the price! I've had them for a few years now and they have not let me down. I recommend looking into infinity, alpine, kenwood, pioneer, jl audio, and rockford fosgate. Good products = money
Old 10-25-2009
Registered!!

2k5reverb will become famous soon enough

If you want good sq with out spending lots of cash convert rear speakers from 6x9 to a 6" component of coaxial. The 6x9 shape gives it lots of distortion. All you need is to buy an adapter plate. This is what i did wiith my sq setup and i was really surprised with the sound improvment.
Old 10-26-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah im glad i have 6.5 in the rear on my sedan. 6x9 are way too boomy and weird sounding.
Old 10-26-2009
Registered!!

I have the 6x9 in the back and I love them. You just have to tune them so they sound good. If you have subwoofers just adjust your settings so that they pick up the bass. You components should only pick up the high's and mid's. There shouldn't be much bass coming from the components, that's not what they are made for.
Old 10-26-2009
Registered!!

what about 8'' round speakers in the back and 6.5 in the front? would i hear distortion from this or should i stay with 6.5? my friend has 8'' beyma speakers and there to much, like more than 100 for 1 speaker, maybe ill save some and buy them, dont know yet

for my bass i have 2 12'' kickers so i think ill be ok, and i dont want a mess with my bass just something clean

thanks for all the input once i decide what to buy ill takee some pics of the install so you guys can give your opinion
Old 10-26-2009
Premium Member

i doubt you could fit an 8 back there, and usually they are used as subs in a closed box, not free air. it will sound terrible.
Old 10-26-2009
Registered!!

well i could modify a bit so i can fit the speakers and the 8'' beymas are midrange speakers, i know that the bigger the speaker the lower the frequency but he has 2 8'' in the back, 2 6.5'' in the front and a pair of tweeters (cant remember the brand) and it sound real good
Old 10-26-2009
Registered!!

Zuppy is an unknown quantity at this point

One of the best speakers i could say are beyma. These things get LOUD as hell. Kind of expensive, but well worth it.
Old 10-26-2009
Registered!!

2k5reverb will become famous soon enough

I wouldnt get 8" speakers for the rear because you are going to get enough low end bass with the subs. But it really depends on your ear and what type of music you listen to. I prefer crisp sounding 5 1/4" and 6 1/2" speakers and let the subs throw most of the bass. Are you running your speakers through a 4 ch amp or just using the headunit to power them?
Old 10-27-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

go with focal or diamond audio.
Old 10-27-2009
Registered!!

right now i have stock speakers running on the headunit, i hate em. im looking around to see what to buy, ill amp them. wating for my college money to waist it all on my car
Old 10-28-2009
Registered!!

Rule #1:

Quality not quantity... you get what you pay for.