I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Angel eyes problem and brake light

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
morphius88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angel eyes problem and brake light

So i have an 03 civic lx with angel eyes but i got a problem. The rings dont light up, there are 2 wires that need to go somewhere, but dunno where.
The problem is that its not a red and a black wire, or red and a white, they are both red wires. so that is 2 red wires on each headlight, im assuming each one for one halo, because each headlight has 2 halos.

Can anyone help me with this, i tried to attach each wire to the smallest bulb wires, as well as the low beam wire, and even that didnt work.
ill post a pic of how the headlights look like in a few.

any help would be appreciated.

ps: low beam and high beam connector has 2 wires, turn signal also has 2 wires going in, and the smallest bulb which doesnt do **** except for being lit up also has 2 wire

My brake light doesnt turn on anymore either when i turn the lights on, anyone know what could be the problem, it happened after i tried to start the car with the battery not fully attached, and the car thought the battery died and reset my cd player and stuff. Now i dont even know the cd player code, man that was stupid.

Last edited by morphius88; 10-09-2009 at 01:35 PM. Reason: added pic
Old 10-08-2009
Registered!!

Jetfuel is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Angel eyes problem

Hey bud, just splice them into your running lights, if they are both red it doesnt matter which one goes to positive or negative on the running lights.
i have the same lights and thats all i did.
good luck
Old 10-09-2009
Registered!!

what do you mean the running lights?
the parking, or low beam lights.
like i was saying there is a bigger connector to the low beam/high beam
and two smaller connectors to the turn signal and one for no reason.
which wires do you mean?
Old 10-09-2009
Registered!!

tokyo is an unknown quantity at this point

i may just post here about my problem.i have a 03 civic si that i upgrade the headlight from stock to angel eyes bought on ebay lol,now i busted one of the low beam bulb..now the question is,what type of the bulb is for the low beam,bc its different with my stock one,its small similar with halogen bulb but im not sure that is why i put it here..and do u think should i get HID kit also or just replacement bulb? thanks
Old 10-09-2009
Registered!!

tokyo is an unknown quantity at this point

oh morphius88 for your answer...those 2 red wires you just need to hook it up to the wires that has smallest bulb (doesnt do **** except lit up) no matter which one is which,but i think for safety u need a multimeter.whn i bought my angel eyes with 2 halos in each headlight,i just hook it up from 2 red wires to one red wire and another one to black wire
Old 10-09-2009
Registered!!

Re: Angel eyes problem and brake lights

For my car, i took the stock light bulbs and put em into the respective bays in the new headlight. So i dunno why you were not able to do so. If you gonna do HID which is awesome, you gotta make sure you dont over heat the wires.
But if you dont want to spend more than 50 bucks for the kit, get the replacement for now.

I also have another problem, my brake light no longer turns on when i turn on my lights, and neither does the small light that is there for no reason. any ideas?
Old 10-09-2009
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Angel eyes problem and brake light

^^^ Those are the taillights that are missing (brake lights are brighter)

Check the "small lights" fuse in the under hood fuse box.

If the angel eyes use LEDs it will have a polarity ( + & - )
Old 10-11-2009
Registered!!

I will check it and ya you are right, it is the taillights. But i didnt touch the fuse whatsoever and it just went on me.

Well the angel eyes/halos are led, but i dunno what you mean by your post. I just know that there are 2 red wires our of each headlight, and i tried diff way of attaching it to the small light that does nothing but shine and they would not turn on.
Old 10-12-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

ok you need to be more specific. there are two halos on each headlight. do you have one single red wire coming out of EACH halo? or are the halos joined together somehow to give you two red wires in total? if you took a picture of the back of the headlight it would be much easier.

before anything, dont bother messing with the highbeam, lowbeam, or signal light. the wires you want to use are the wires going to the little parking light (the light below the signal that doesnt do **** except turn on). there should be a positive and negative wire.

by looking at the picture, each headlight has two halos on it, and youre saying each headlight has two red wires? that must mean each halo is only giving you a power wire and no negative wire, which makes no sense because leds need positive and negative. my guess is that one of the reds is actually a negative.

this should be extremely easy to figure out. just cut off open a little section of wire protector off both wires of your parking light. connect the one of the reds to the negative wire, and one of them to the positive wire, then turn your parking light on. if it doesnt work, switch the two. if that still doesnt work, try connecting both reds to the positive of the parking light. you shouldnt have to worry about blowing anything because the leds barely even get detected in your system as drawing power.
Old 10-12-2009
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

The factory wire colors you need for the marker/tail circuit are RED/YLW (BLK for ground.
Old 10-17-2009
Registered!!

ok there are 2 halos on each headlight but 2 red wires total for the whole headlight. so basically 1 red wire for each halo. no ground wires just the red one and thats it. I would take a pic but its too cold now to do any work outside and i dont have a garage. I think i tried to attach one red wire to one of the parking light wire and the other red wire to the other parking light wire but i dont think i tried the other way and both to one wire. I just dont want to go pay 40 bucks for something like this.
Old 10-18-2009
Registered!!

ahailey will become famous soon enough

don't bother hooking them up, you'll have at least one go out within a few months anyways.