I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Power Locks not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mdawg is on a distinguished road
Power Locks not working

Alright just purchased a 01 EM2 Yesterday, only thing that doesn't work is the locks. If you flip the switch(or use remote) you can hear the relay kick in the dash but the locks don't even start to move at all. I checked the fuses but they are fine. I havn't ripped this car apart a billion times like I had my last civic so Im not sure where to start looking.
Old 04-02-2009
Registered!!

mrplow123456 will become famous soon enoughmrplow123456 will become famous soon enough
Re: Power Locks not working

Honestly, I would see if its the lock regulator or motor whatever its called. If you take your door panel off it should be right around where the latch is for the door to latch shut at. it's a pain to get to but that is probably the problem.
Old 04-03-2009
Registered!!

westcali_playa is an unknown quantity at this point

i have the same problem. except i hear nothing when i flip the switch
Old 04-03-2009
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

its the actuator. search for it on this site and you'll get 1000000s of results
Old 04-03-2009
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

mine doesnt lock with my alarm, but it opens after i lock it by key. weird huh
Old 04-03-2009
Registered!!

DoWorkRacing is an unknown quantity at this point

prolly the door lock actuator took a dump
Old 04-03-2009
Registered!!

Well that's what I was thinking but both actuators for the doors don't work. Just seems weird that both would go out. Maybe a wire got cut or something like that?
Old 04-03-2009
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

The test procedure from the manual says... "briefly!! apply power to the unhooked connector going to the actuator" one polarity for up / switch polarity for down.

If no response/action the actuator is defective.
Old 04-03-2009
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

have you checked ur fuse for ur door locks? it could be something simple as that.

you have two fuse boxes, one in ur engine and one under the steering wheel. check both.
Old 04-03-2009
Registered!!

Hmm I didn't see one under the engine when I checked does it say doors or is it labeled something else.
Old 04-03-2009
Registered!!

mrplow123456 will become famous soon enoughmrplow123456 will become famous soon enough

i highly doubt both went at once. The previous owner prolly neglected the car and when the driver side went, usually the first one, he just ignored it and then the second one went out and was screw this getting rid of the car and here you are.
Old 04-03-2009
Registered!!

The car was a trade in at the dealership, it is in too good condition to be neglected that much really. I checked fuse #16 under the hood for the door locks and its fine. Also you know how when you manually push on the lock on the drivers side door it automatically locks the other door. Well when I do that I here the relay kick but still the other side doesn't move. I also check the fuses under the steering wheel but nothing on there said anything about locks.
Old 04-03-2009
Registered!!

See that sorta proves the fact that the actuator went out instead of a wiring problem. Once you hit the switch it sends the signal to the relay and then to all the doors to unlock. Unless the wires were cut on the way to each door, it's definitely the actuator. And I didn't mean like the person beat the **** out of the car, I mean the owner probably neglected to get certain servicing done or when parts needed replaced, they waited to see if the situation would fix itself.
Old 04-03-2009
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

anyone know why mine sometimes lock and sometimes doesnt?
but each time unlocking it works
Old 04-03-2009

CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

^^^^ The pulse sent for the lock/unlock with the keyless to me seems a bit shorter duration than the lock/unlock buttons pulse.

My passenger side front has been sluggish for quite a while now. one thing that I noticed is if you work it a few times it will work at normal speed for a while.
Old 04-03-2009
Registered!!

Yeah mine do the same thing and seem to lock at the worse times. I left my keys in the ignition to jump this guys excursion and got out and revved the car with the throttle cable. Doors locked and had noway in . Now they only seem to lock once a week but always unlock. I need to play with some of the settings for a longer pulse for locking.
Old 04-12-2009
Registered!!

Last night I took my doors off to install my speakers. Drivers side door everything is hooked up its just not working, then I get over to the passenger side door and for some reason the actuator was unplugged?? Plugged it up and the passenger side door now works but the drivers side doesn't. Would there be a reason that they would unplug the passenger side door if the drivers side went out? I gotta get my DMM out there sometime and poke around to see if the wires are actually getting any power or if its the actuator but until the I just wonder why it was unplugged.
Old 04-12-2009

^^^^ Just remember the pulse will be short... some meters are slow to react. You may need to set the meter to a lower voltage range setting and watch the display close.
Old 04-15-2009
Registered!!

if all else fails u can try a test light as well. As to why the actuator would have been is beyond me. There is a possibility that someone went to either check the actuator or just to add something to it. Again I would have no clue as to why since all wires are accessible underneath the dash. The only other thing it could have been was he had keyless entry and someone stole the remote so when the driver side went out they unplugged the passenger side so the person who had the remote couldn't get in. Sounds like a lot of work for something stupid but i've seen/heard of worse.
Old 04-15-2009
Registered!!

Well whats funny is the passenger side relies on the drivers side door. If I unlock with the remote since the drivers actuator didn't unlock neither will the passengers. If I physically unlock the drivers side then the passenger side opens. So that kinda blows the remote theory. Still waiting on the time to get out there and pull the door again to check it out but I'll let you all know how it goes and maybe take some pics for reference.
Old 04-15-2009

^^^^ There is a switch in the drivers side door that knows the position of the drivers lock ****. It most likely will not work if it the drivers side **** is down.