I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Head light removal help

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008
osk
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
osk is an unknown quantity at this point
Head light removal help

I'm wanting 2 remove my passenger head light so I can replace the 2 signal bulbs. I removed the required top bolts but the light still seems fastened down at the bottom somewhere.
Is there a trick to remove the headlight assembly??:confused
Thanks,

Osk
Old 07-09-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Head light removal help

um first, you do not remove the assembly just to change bulbs. if you do that you have to reaim the beam because the position of the light will have changed. all you do is take off a few clips from the fender lining above the wheel and reach your hand inside to the back of the lamp. just like the manual says. if you still insist on taking the whole light off, then you need to first remove the bumper and then there are two more bolts holding it down.
Old 07-09-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gearbox
just like the manual says
that made me laugh
Old 07-09-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

^do it like that....but i have a hard time because id have to jack up my car n stuff...

if you want to actually remove ur headlight....you needa remove ur bumper.

to do that, you need to:
1. remove all the little black clips at the bottom.
2. on the side of the bumper where the fenders meet near the wheel, there are two screws, use a #8 socket to take them out.

then jsut pop off ur bumper.

then to remove ur headlights, there are one at the top. one on the side. and one hidden benieth the headlight which you will need an extension socket to take out.
Old 07-10-2008
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

well, i'm hoping you're asking because you got the car used from another dealership, and it didn't have the manual in it....
Old 07-10-2008
Registered!!

twiztedD17A1 is just really nicetwiztedD17A1 is just really nicetwiztedD17A1 is just really nicetwiztedD17A1 is just really nicetwiztedD17A1 is just really nice

click on my headlight install below
Old 07-10-2008
osk
Registered!!

osk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by manahoonie
well, i'm hoping you're asking because you got the car used from another dealership, and it didn't have the manual in it....
Yup!