I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Speakers for 2003 civic sedan rear deck

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
decktard is an unknown quantity at this point
Speakers for 2003 civic sedan rear deck

I'm looking to replace my stock 6.5" speakers in the back of my 2003 civic sedan. I've already replaced my head unit, and two front speakers.

I've checked out crutchfield to see what fits for my car and it seems as though the list is pretty small. Any idea what the restriction is that eliminates so many speakers? It looks like there is plenty of room underneath in the trunk for a nice size magnet.

Does the top portion of the speaker bump against the rear deck plastic part?

Has anyone had any problems installing speakers into the back?

Could I do some small modification to fit in virtually any speaker?

Thanks!
Old 01-07-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
0H3ebpEM2 will become famous soon enough0H3ebpEM2 will become famous soon enough
Re: Speakers for 2003 civic sedan rear deck

rear speakers arent even needed. Its just rear fill. All you need is a good set of components up front and a nice deck. If you choose components for up front you should amp them.

What did you buy for your two front speakers?
Old 01-07-2008
Registered!!

decktard is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 0H3ebpEM2
rear speakers arent even needed. Its just rear fill. All you need is a good set of components up front and a nice deck. If you choose components for up front you should amp them.

What did you buy for your two front speakers?
Honestly... I don't remember what I have for the front. They're some decent Kenwood 3-ways I've had from another car. So they're several years old now. I just didn't feel like doing a component install.

I wasn't going to break the bank on rear speakers, however; I wouldn't mind having a couple more options than crutchfield.com's adviser tool is saying.
Old 01-07-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i have infinity reference in the rear. and yes you need rear speakers, they provide most of the lower frequency sound if you dont have a sub.
Old 01-07-2008
Diamond Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

theres a torsion bar in the trunk (in the coupes at least) that presents a clearance issue for the hanging magnet. You can relocate it by drilling into your wheel well if that is your fancy. Theres a DIY on here somewhere. Otherwise, theyll all fit. Crutchfiled said my 6.5" Alpines wouldnt fit in my front coupe doors. With the spacer/mounting bracket it came with, the driver side went straight in, and the passegner side requiered a little drilling/extrusion of the hole. All in all, good luck. You can also cut the torsion bar if you like, but that is not reccommended.
Old 01-07-2008
Registered!!

Maple50175 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have infinity Kappas running to my amp and Love it!