I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Speaker makes a pop every 5 sec? Whats going on?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007
TURTLEonK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the rough
Speaker makes a pop every 5 sec? Whats going on?

Hey everyone,

My audio system has been running flawlessly for the past couple of years and just recently, it has started to make a very annoying static type pop sound every 5 seconds, its not that loud so if I turn up the music I wont hear it but when my volume is at 0, you will still hear this.

Is this because of a bad ground? My speakers run from my deck, to a crossover that splits my tweeters and door speakers. (Rear speakers are not making this sound)

Could this be a ground issue? or maybe my wiring has come loose and theres a bad connection?
Old 12-23-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Speaker makes a pop every 5 sec? Whats going on?

could be wiring shorting out or something. happened to my tweeters and idk why but i took the deck out and jiggled the wires and it went away. so idk maybe somethings touching metal when its not supposed to.
Old 12-23-2007
Registered!!

chkolny will become famous soon enoughchkolny will become famous soon enough

wow this is wierd i actually had this happen to my computer speakers about 3 weeks back, then the next day it stopped, i have no idea what the problem was at all, sorry. but do you have aftermarket speakers? if you do, take it wback to where you had them installed, you should have a warrenty on installation. (i know i did for mine), a bad ground is my best guess.
Old 12-23-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

could also be a bad connection at the speaker plugs. my rears got so bad i had to cut the plugs off and just wrap the bare wire around the terminal so it wouldnt keep shaking over bumps.
Old 12-23-2007
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light

check the connections by the speaker sometimes they get loose.
Old 12-24-2007
TURTLEonK

Nameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the rough

^ Sounds good! Thanks guys, I'll start with that... Just seeing if anyone had similiar problem hehe... I think maybe my door speaker connector probably came loose... Probably from all that opening and closing of the door lol...