I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Lighting help??

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
breault5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Lighting help??

just the other day i notices my parking light(orange blinker light) wouldnt light up when i disarmed and ramed my alarm but it would work for my blinker and it also doesnt light up just as a parking light on the road....but my other other parking light does...anybody have any ideas..
thanks
Old 10-14-2007
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Lighting help??

Should be the bulb itself (it has 2 filaments)
Old 10-14-2007
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Low blinker fluid.
Old 10-14-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

buy a new bulb
Old 10-14-2007
Registered!!

breault5 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey guys yeah thanks for the replies but i have an update and yeah your guys were right it was the bulb one of the filaments busted and the other was fine which made one work and the other not....thanks again

but yeah another question on my left headlight only the whole headlight is like hazed up any way to get rid of that....tried to scrub it off when i took my headlights off the clear them but wouldnt come of so yeah anyway to get rid of the haze?
Old 10-14-2007
Jza
Registered!!

Jza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by lordhelmet
Low blinker fluid.
Old 10-14-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lordhelmet
Low blinker fluid.
LMAO x2
Old 10-15-2007
You VTEC...I-VTEC

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

hazing can be difficult to get rid of. Does it look like it is just on the surface or does it look more like discoloration? Discoloration will have to result in replacment. If it is just surface, i would buy some Meguires Plast-X and a Mothers Super Ball( its a foam polishing thingy majigger). Both can be found at walmart and are relatively cheap. You need a drill(preferably electric, cordless wont get going fast enough) for the polishing ball. I recommend removing the light housing for this.Just apply the PlastX and go to town with the polishing ball.The PlastX will splatter when you use the ball, watch your eyes and dont polish the paint(if you dont remove the light). The PlastX is a mild abrasive so dont wipe any of it off the paint with a dry rag. Once you are done, hose the area down real good and then wipe off once 95% of it is gone.
If you could post a picture of the light housing i might be able to help you more. I have had some experience with fixing this on many cars.

Last edited by sniperscout; 10-15-2007 at 12:53 AM.
Old 10-15-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

if plast-x doesnt work, can try sanding them. they have kits too that come with wetsandpaper like 1000, 1500, 2000 grit, then you use a rubbing compound to smoothen it more, then a polisher like plastx, and then a sealer like wolfgang plastik sealer to keep the sun from damaging them again.
Old 10-15-2007
You VTEC...I-VTEC

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

yeah i normally wet sand then polish. but most people are afraid of sanding their headlights so i didnt recommend it. It is not a difficult task though and actually comes out like new if there isnt any discoloration
Old 10-15-2007
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gearbox
if plast-x doesnt work, can try sanding them. they have kits too that come with wetsandpaper like 1000, 1500, 2000 grit, then you use a rubbing compound to smoothen it more, then a polisher like plastx, and then a sealer like wolfgang plastik sealer to keep the sun from damaging them again.
Plast-x didnt work for me so i wet sanded my headlights. They came out sweet. I think most anybody can wet sand. Follow the instructions and you should get good results. Mine look good as new.
Old 10-15-2007
You VTEC...I-VTEC

It all depends on what kind of film it is. I have had great results with plastx and have also had terrible results. A wet sanding plastx combo is what i normally do