I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

How to seal the trunk

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SuperSajin is an unknown quantity at this point
How to seal the trunk

Hey guys,

Now that i put my subs in, my trunck rattles like a bitch, i know i could use dynomat, but i want something more proffesional, any suggestions on that.

Thanks

Super Sajin
Old 03-27-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
for one a Mistake almost everyone makes it's not DynOmat it's DynAmat..and no RAAM Mat is alot better for the price.. Also..al you have to do really is tighten your lecense plate bolts.. and tighten the trunk latch and you're pretty much set
Old 03-27-2002
Registered!!

SuperSajin is an unknown quantity at this point
mohawkboom,

What if i got it sealed by a car audio shop, they use some find of spray over all the parts in my trunck, i think it's like $70 to do it. do you think it's worth the money?

Super Sajin
Old 03-27-2002
Registered!!

UncleB is an unknown quantity at this point
$70 doesn't sound bad. I would find out exactly what they are doing first. how much foam are they going to use, where are they spraying it, etc.
Old 03-27-2002
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point
the spray is a simple sound dendner, like a liquid dynamat
Old 03-27-2002
Registered!!

SneakyPeak78 is an unknown quantity at this point
You need to take everything out of the trunk, even the carpet. Get it down to the metal. Then use foam (expandable and non expandable). Spray the expandable in all the cracks, but not too much because it will buckle the bodywork. Use the non expandable in the trunk lid, but be carefull not to do too much. You can allways go back and spray more. For the best results, use the dynamat on all the metal that you can get to. And use an under body spray under the trunk. If you do it correctly, it should cost about $100 or so. And if a car audio place does it, it should cost about $500 for a good job. If you dont like the foam idea, go and get insulation for your house, I think B13 is the best. Not too sure if it is called "B13." But its a medium texture insulation. Put it everywhere. Dynamat and foam will take care of the problem. E-mail me if you have and questions.
Old 03-27-2002
Registered!!

<< You need to take everything out of the trunk, even the carpet. Get it down to the metal. Then use foam (expandable and non expandable). Spray the expandable in all the cracks, but not too much because it will buckle the bodywork. Use the non expandable in the trunk lid, but be carefull not to do too much. You can allways go back and spray more. For the best results, use the dynamat on all the metal that you can get to. And use an under body spray under the trunk. If you do it correctly, it should cost about $100 or so. And if a car audio place does it, it should cost about $500 for a good job. If you dont like the foam idea, go and get insulation for your house, I think B13 is the best. Not too sure if it is called "B13." But its a medium texture insulation. Put it everywhere. Dynamat and foam will take care of the problem. E-mail me if you have and questions. >>

All that but most of it is unnecessary...Just tighten the trunk bolt and your set unless your running some high SPl...and also don't use Dynamat it's good..but it's WAY WAY WAY overpriced.. Use RAAMmat.. at $79 for 62.5sq.ft and it's as good as Dynamat Extreme you can't go wrong.. Dynamat Extreme costs over $200 for 36sq.ft.. do the math [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-28-2002
Registered!!

lol. I love the way Mohawk pushes this RAAM mat stuff. my 2 rolls will be here tomorrow I hope.
Old 03-28-2002
Registered!!

I Only push it because it's great and it's Dirt cheap..even compared to dirt cheap next to useless deadeners.. It's cheaper than most..and it happens to be one of the best deadeners on the market.. so forgive me if I'm Trying to find people a great Deal.. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

(quietly asks my sponsors if that post sounded good).

Umm yeah [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]..

Cheers
Mohawk

And no I'm not sponsored in any way.. I don't even use Raam mat
Old 03-28-2002
Registered!!

lol, I know. you are just trying to help us out. you might talk to Rick about becoming sponsored though. hehe.
Old 04-01-2002
Registered!!

SneakyPeak78 is an unknown quantity at this point
It's not unnecessary if you are going to have some serious bass. The stuff I build needs it all. Then again, I do go a little crazy, BUT I don't have ANY rattles. It all depends on what you have in your car, and how funny you are about getting them ALL out.
Old 04-01-2002
Registered!!

NitehawkVTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Mohawk. Want to tell me about this trunk latch tightening. My trunk rattles like hell. lol and I'm an idiot and just did nothing about it. but if i can easily tighten this latch. I'm game to do it right this second.......
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

Nighthawke.. The black plastic piece on the bottom part of your trunk. Where you see a black rectangle shaped latch. (where the truk lid latch hooks onto) There.. just pry off the black plastic, remove it it's just clips.. Lossen the 2 bolts on the hook(well it's a rectangle) and lower it down about 3-4mm close the trunk.. crank your subs.. see it the rttling has stopped.. if not.. tighten it a big more..once it's good.. put the black plastic piece back on. The whoe process taes about 8 minutes [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

Cheers
Mohawk