I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

turnsignals not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bluericeburna2k2 will become famous soon enoughbluericeburna2k2 will become famous soon enough
turnsignals not working

ok so i have an 02 civic EX and cleared the headlights. i put amber LED 7443's in each headlight. thus this causes the fast blinking. i bought these from www.autolumination.com.

i also bought two 6ohm LED load equilizers and followed the instructions to install them. ex. soldered the load equilizers to green and black wire in turnsignal.

when i turn on the parking/headlights everything is fine and it lights up. but when i flip the signals on NOTHING happens. no noise no light absolutly nothing..

Any sugguestions???
Old 03-08-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
the load resistor is wired "in line" with the power lead only, if i remember correctly. look at the install instructions again.
Old 03-08-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all
the most helpful guy on 7thgen/civicforums strikes again!
Old 03-09-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
0H3ebpEM2 will become famous soon enough0H3ebpEM2 will become famous soon enough
^^^^^ yes gearbox is correct. double check your wiring and install instructions.
Old 03-09-2007
Registered!!

DieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of light
by inline u mean in paralell right? one side goes to the grn/wht and then to ground. thus loading the grn/wht wire down. if u put in series, that is cut the grn/wht and put the resistor in the cut then it wont work.

FYI i'm a gassavers.org member so i am shocked if i get anything less than 35mpg. anyways the whole point of the leds is the lower curent draw. i modifide the stock flasher to accomadate the low curent. much easier and straght foward. alas i dont rember how i did it.
Old 03-09-2007
Registered!!

DieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of light
by inline u mean in paralell right? one side goes to the grn/wht and then to ground. thus loading the grn/wht wire down. if u put in series, that is cut the grn/wht and put the resistor in the cut then it wont work.

FYI i'm a gassavers.org member so i am shocked if i get anything less than 35mpg. anyways the whole point of the leds is the lower curent draw. i modifide the stock flasher to accomadate the low curent. much easier and straght foward. alas i dont rember how i did it.

i replaced the idiotlight bulbs with LEDS and now when the switch is on there dim and go bright when they flash. thats what i'm trying to solve now.
Old 03-09-2007
Registered!!

bluericeburna2k2 will become famous soon enoughbluericeburna2k2 will become famous soon enough
i found the problem. it was a blown #19 7.5 amp fuse under the steering wheel. i completely forgot about that fuse box, ive been checking the fuse box under the hood. went to walmart to get the fuse and had to get the variety pack because they didnt have many mini fuses or 7.5's at that.

the wiring was correct according to their website..

the reason why i have led amber turnsignals is because i cleared my headlights and stores dont carry 7443 bulbs in amber... theyre always clear.

although they do sell them on autolumination.com i opted to get leds because the amber glass will reflect in the housing thus defeating the purpose of clearing the headlights to begin with..

thanks for the input guys!
Old 03-09-2007
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
if you really like the leds even tho they are really dim, at least get an electronic flasher, those resistor get too hot and arent the correct way to do it. it works but the flasher is the better way.
Old 03-11-2007
Registered!!

MBison is just really niceMBison is just really niceMBison is just really niceMBison is just really nice
i have the same problem with the fast blinking. how do i fix that?
Old 03-11-2007
Premium Member

electronic flasher
Old 03-12-2007
Registered!!

MBison is just really niceMBison is just really niceMBison is just really niceMBison is just really nice
Originally Posted by gearbox
electronic flasher
that does not help at all