I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Trying to get 6.5's in rear instead of 6x9

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nas0827 is an unknown quantity at this point
Trying to get 6.5's in rear instead of 6x9

I got the mb quart rce 164 midbass drivers that i want to put in the rear. They are 6.5s and my factory ones are 6x9s. I ordered this adaptor along with the speakers http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_4965.html and the adaptor definetly did not fit the 6.5. I ended up just cutting the circle bigger to make the speaker fit. Not sure if it will fit and owuld hate to go through the hassle of taking the seats out and everything to find out these wont fit
Old 11-07-2006
Registered!!

ashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to behold
they should fit if the adapter fitting is 6X9, you may have a problem with magnet clearance on the 6.5's for some of the trunk latch components but thats not a big issue. Other that that you should be good. Worse case scenario if they dont fit, just make some new ones out of mdf.
Old 11-07-2006
Registered!!

If i happen to run into the problem of the magnet not fitting how could i fix that?
Old 11-08-2006
Registered!!

ashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to behold
dont worry about it, I had it happen to me and left it as it was, the only thing is the trunk latch components rub against the magnet when the trunk is closed, but thats alright.
Old 11-08-2006
Registered!!

hwt101 is an unknown quantity at this point
WHY, if you dont sit in the back why put money back there, if you have a good set of components in the fron and a sub in the trunk you dont need rear speakers, i didnt believe this at first myself but now i do.
Old 11-08-2006
Registered!!

^^ beause you need to fill your mids, some people fill mids with subs, but I think thats half assing a proper sound stage.
Old 11-08-2006
Registered!!

SEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by hwt101
WHY, if you dont sit in the back why put money back there, if you have a good set of components in the fron and a sub in the trunk you dont need rear speakers, i didnt believe this at first myself but now i do.
Not true. I had this set up running for about two months. I have Diamond Audio components up front and 12" Diamond in the trunk. It sounded great, but after I added some MBQuart components I had laying around the house, it sounded even better. I had a sheet of ABS left over from making adapters for my front speakers that I used to make two more for the 5 1/4" MBQuart in the rear deck. They look just like the one you bought. Just not as clean cut.
Old 11-08-2006
Registered!!

well if there gonna be rubbing against the magnets and im guessing probably ratteling from the subs you think i could thrown some dynamat on the magnet to keep the bar from making noise??