I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

buzzing/humming issues.

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006
Boosted Auto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
deciuss is an unknown quantity at this point
buzzing/humming issues.

Well I finally got a system put into my car; I have component infinities and a Pioneer DEH-P7800MP. At my work (where I got it done) once they where completed I was told that there was a buzzing/humming that was noticeable when the system was a normal noise levels. I was also then told that they have worked on a few 7th gens and all have had the same problem. Now I was thinking to my self there are a whole bunch of people that have systems on 7th gen so someone must have had the same problem that I am having and have a solution.

The issue: buzzing/humming and when the rpms go up the noise gets louder and higher pitched.

The solution so far: I was told that it was road/engine noise and that I could be a bad ground or a bad alternator. Any of you have other ideas or is it probably one of thows 2 issues.
Old 10-15-2006
Registered!!

mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
This is somewhat common if you've installed an amp for your speakers and. If this isn't the case, then there's one of 3 things that could be wrong. They never hooked up the ground wire and your grounded through the antenna wire only. There's a burnt diode on the pre-amp section of your head unit. or the absolutely least likely is that your alternators rectifier pack has a blown diode, but you'd notice that with your lights flickering at high speed and your check engine light coming on.
Old 10-15-2006
Boosted Auto

Yes I have an infinity amp, sorry im new to this whole section of cars so I forgot to mention it.
And my check engine light does not go on nor do my lights flicker.
Old 10-15-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
009 is an unknown quantity at this point
i have the same problem...but it only started after i installed my reverse indiglo gauges. raising the volume drowns out the buzz, but a real solution would be cool.
Old 10-15-2006
Boosted Auto

what year car are you having problems with? mine is a 2001 ex
Old 10-15-2006
Registered!!

2001 lx... but i think i found something.
Read this one for an explanation (somewhat)--->Ground Loop Problems
and possibly get something like this for the solution--->Ground Loop Isolator

Does anyone know if this will kill my indiglo buzz, and his alternator buzz??
Old 10-15-2006
Boosted Auto

They ran grounds from the alternator and supposedly that would get rid of any ground loops also something about the kind of cable that I got it would cancel it out any ways.
Old 10-15-2006
Registered!!

Nas0827 is an unknown quantity at this point
Im having this buzzing sound coming through my speakers when i have my head unit switched to the av for my playstation and only when the playstation is on. The av cords are good. any ideas on how to get rid of this noise?
Old 10-15-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mohawkboom
This is somewhat common if you've installed an amp for your speakers and. If this isn't the case, then there's one of 3 things that could be wrong. They never hooked up the ground wire and your grounded through the antenna wire only. There's a burnt diode on the pre-amp section of your head unit. or the absolutely least likely is that your alternators rectifier pack has a blown diode, but you'd notice that with your lights flickering at high speed and your check engine light coming on.
hey man welcome back lol. listen to this guy. sounds like your shop doesnt have a clue, find someone else to fix it right.
Old 10-15-2006
Registered!!

"This is somewhat common if you've installed an amp for your speakers"...true, i do have a 4 channel amp feeding my front doors and the last 2 bridged for my sub. so how do i stop my indilgo's from sending that buzz sound through the speakers?
Old 10-15-2006
Registered!!

mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
how.. move the transformer box for the indiglows higher up and away from the RCA's that were passed down the drivers side of the car because the installer was too laze to run the power wire across your foirewall and run that down the drivers side and the RCA's down the passenger side like they should have in a civic.

For Decius,

Just lower your gains . Turn them to min or 4v on the infinity amp. Turn your head unit volume up to max, then back it off 3-4 nothces and turn the gains up untill it starts to distort a hair and you should be good.
Old 10-16-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
I'm into the pro audio scene, and have a bunch of pro audio equitment. Basicaly, it does sound like a ground loop issue, (with your gear off, at loud volumes you hear that static or electronic echo type deal, instead of a flat soundwave). The solution for me was to properly ground all of my equitment with a power conditioner. You should really listen to what mohawk and 009 say, with that, you should have it under control. Good luck.
Old 10-16-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mohawkboom
how.. move the transformer box for the indiglows higher up and away from the RCA's that were passed down the drivers side of the car because the installer was too laze to run the power wire across your foirewall and run that down the drivers side and the RCA's down the passenger side like they should have in a civic.
lol i'm not lazy, i just didn't know any better. i have the inverter tucked behind the cluster, but the switch with the **** is down by the rca's. i'll relocate that and see if it works. thanks for all the help.
Old 10-16-2006
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
i got the 7800mp the settings are confusing so many options i got typeR speakers now cant get them perfectly set but its a good deck i donthave any problems with the deck no buzzing and i did it myself