I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Orlando Install Shops

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UncleB is an unknown quantity at this point
Orlando Install Shops

I have a friend in the Orlando area that needs to have a basic CD player installed. I don't want to send her to Best Buy or Circuit City because I have heard too many horror stories. Let me know if anyone knows of any good shops in the area that I can recommend to her. Thanks.
Old 03-11-2002
Registered!!

2001CivicEx2dr is an unknown quantity at this point
Before I got smart and did it myself (okay I got some help from a friend...) I asked audio excellence and best buy. They were both about $50 labor and $15 dash kit +$15 wire harness. I would trust audio excellence more, much much more knowledgable and helpful. There's a few locations in metro orlando, but the guys at the Oviedo one are nice. Might also want to look into sound advice, they do that stuff too.
Old 03-12-2002
Registered!!

KevinFWB is an unknown quantity at this point
I wouldn't normally recommend them, but Best Buy or Circuit City might be okay for a simple radio install. No added speakers or amps. If you are somewhat familiar, well heck you don't really need to know much of anything. I would seriously consider trying to do it for your friend. You will be suprised how easy it is once you get in there and start on it. There really isn't much to it. You take apart your console and dash, check the DIY (about 10mins) wire up the wiring harness, put the sleeve in the dash kit and put it all together. If your worried about the wiring, its easy. The majority of aftermarket radios will color code with the harness. Although it seems like a lot of wires, it really isn't when you look at it. There are 2 wires for each speaker +/- (=8), 1 Ground (black), 1 12+volt switched (red), and 1 12-volt memory wire (yellow) and then the antenna wire. You can wire the stereo harness outside of the car and just plug it in. All you have to is disconnect the factory harness from the radio and plug in the one you bought. I would give it a shot doing it yourself, if not, I think you will be okay with Best Buy, Circuit City, or that other one by the Mall.... argh, can't think of the name.. Oh, Sound Advice. But expect to pay around $100 for the install and parts vs $30 or less with a do it yourself.
Old 03-12-2002
Registered!!

2001CivicEx2dr is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah definately try it yourself, it's not that bad...
and the sound advice near the mall on hwy 50 burned down last year, try the one on 436
Old 03-12-2002
Registered!!

umm...I am very capable of doing it myself. I have been installing for a few years now. She lives 4 hours away so its not really possible for me to drive and do it for her. I will look into that Audio Excellence or Sound Advice. I really don't want to send her to Best Buy.
Old 03-12-2002
Ben
Registered!!

Ben is an unknown quantity at this point
hey whats up. i live in vero and my gf lives in orlando so i'm there alot. I do all my own stuff. And i do good work but a deck is easy. What kind of car is it maybe i could meet up with your friend and help out. Save them soem money. let me know. here's a pic of my last install of my frineds explorer. i did it all myself so i think i can handle just a deck[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] sorry that 50-50.2 pic won't delete or go through so don't click on it
Old 03-12-2002
Registered!!

I'll see if she's interested. how much would you charge for the labor, minus parts? I'll find out what type of car she has.
Old 03-12-2002
Ben
Registered!!

well whats the car that will make the difference if its easy car prob like 15 bucks. Where is she buying from. can i recommend a dek and a place to buy
Old 03-12-2002
Ben
Registered!!

is my light bulb blue or yellow? my comp shows its blue meaning i'm not on.. what color is it on your link? forget it i didn't know u had to actually login i thought if you posted it logged you in automatically
Old 03-12-2002
Ben
Registered!!

i'm goin back to work i'll check with you later tonight about this. my email is MONROE77@AOL.com if you want to contat me there.
Old 03-12-2002
Registered!!

ok, she has a 200 Plymouth Neon sedan. She works at Universal Studios and has some tickets that she might be able to part with in addition to the $15 or whatever. she is probably getting the Pioneer DEH-1400 from OnlineCarStereo.com. I'll find out if she is interested.
Old 03-12-2002
Registered!!

ok, she said she is interested. I will give her your e-mail address and she will contact you to set everything up. treat her nice or I will find out and tell everyone that you are a meanie. hehe.