I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

I just installed(expensive)new 6.5 and 6x9's

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2002
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
I just installed(expensive)new 6.5 and 6x9's

I recently got a place to install speakers in the back and front. It cost my 100 bucks for installation, i watched the guy do it also. I bought some pioneer 200 watt 6.5's for the front, and pioneer 300 watt 6x9's in the back. I though they would fit so i went to downtown LA and bought the 6x9's for 68$ and the 6.5's for 50 bucks. That is real cheap for some good speakers.

So the guy installed the 6.5s in the front. He put them in, he needed spacers. He also had to cut some metal because the 6.5 was too big. Then he installed the 6x9's in the back, he tried to put it in but it was really hard, he pulled back the sides and took off the back deck. To my supprise, the speaker depth was tooooo deep. So i had to un clip the trunk springs and bend them alot. They are rubbing agaist the speaker magnets right now.

it took them about 1 hour in a half. The guy that did it was dead tired from all that work. I think honda has a good car, but the installation of my speakers is really stupid. I am thinking of getting a fosgate 600.4 for my speakers and changing the stock tweeters. Right now i have 12 tweeters total. When i turn the stock head unit all the way up it has good highs and tweets, even when the bass hits. I am afraid that my stock head unit will blow soon since it sounds good all the way up.

If any one has any ideas so i can close the trunk better with out the stock springs, let me know you suggestions.

Old 03-05-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
neoretromax is an unknown quantity at this point
i kinda got that same prob, but just put some soft tape around the springs till i get something better. I was thinking about getting the vertical trunk lift kit, that'd solve the spring problem for sure.
Old 03-06-2002
Registered!!

Starkfu is an unknown quantity at this point
get rid of the pioneers and put in some mb quarts, they fit perfect and sound a lot better.

or you could make your own trunk rod, or mod one from another vehicle.
Old 03-07-2002
Registered!!

Squirt is an unknown quantity at this point
hey, do the mb quarts need cutting and/or drilling for the front components? i tried to put them in, but they didn't seem to fit good (maybe cuz i'm new at this stuff), so i'm trying to get my friend to help me. but some insight would help a lot.

thanks
Old 03-07-2002
Registered!!

IDQcivic should not be trusted
Go with CD technologies www.cdtaudio.com they make stuff that blows MB quart away...
Old 03-07-2002
Registered!!

avenger is an unknown quantity at this point
polk dx9's in the back w/o modification
Old 03-07-2002
Registered!!

Don't enough mess with rear fill... rear fill sucks, it messed up the whole sound stage, you want the sound to be coming from the front to it gives the illusion of you bass coming from there as well, 6x9's distort and sound sloppy. Get yourself a good componenet set up front, and feed each side a good amount of clean power, and it should sound great...
Old 03-07-2002
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
The speakers sound sooo nice, i get such good sound when i turn my stock head unit all the way up, i get a little bass but over all i get the clearest sound you can get, i just need some bass, so i will first get a better alternater since i have AEM pulleys, so my car can hadel it. All together i have 12 tweeters, including my stock ones.
Old 03-08-2002
Registered!!

If you added new 6x9's and 6.5's how exactly do you have 12 tweeters, that is nuts.... and if you took your stock door speakers out, your stock tweeters probably arent even working... clearest sound you can get, from pioneer and stock head unit??? I don't think you've heard good sound.... try getting some amps and a descent head unit, and some descent speakers too.
Old 03-08-2002
Registered!!

01IncaPearl is an unknown quantity at this point

<< The speakers sound sooo nice, i get such good sound when i turn my stock head unit all the way up, i get a little bass but over all i get the clearest sound you can get, i just need some bass, so i will first get a better alternater since i have AEM pulleys, so my car can hadel it. All together i have 12 tweeters, including my stock ones. >>

you should go and listen to a setup that is powered correctly and you will see a big difference in the way it sounds compared to yours. And dont you think thats a little to much tweet for just a factory stereo, or for any stereo setup.