I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Got a new toy, woohoo!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006
Slowest 7thgen in the GTA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
phuviano has a spectacular aura aboutphuviano has a spectacular aura about
Got a new toy, woohoo!!!

Well, after hesistating whether I should get it or not. I wanted this the first day it came out, but was not sure. It actually went on sale this week, and I got it price matched minus 10% of the difference (lol 5 dollars cheaper than the sale price).

I got this at best buys, and I love the "let us install it" sticker...lol. Never will best buys ever install anything for me...lol. I was looking at the install price for this just to be curious. It was $44.99 cdn dollars to install this sucker. I'm like "yeah right".

Anyways, I'm soo exicited about this, so I had to post.

Well, I've set one record so far. I kept my current deck (pioneer 8600mp) for 10 months in my car without pulling it out for a new one. The longest I've ever had any deck in my car. Here comes deck #6, hopefully, I have this in my ride for longer than 10 months...lol.

I made sure my butt was covered with this too. I know a lot of you guys are wondering why I didn't buy this online, and get a better deal on this. Well, to tell you truth, its a pretty expensive deck. I wanted the extended warranty, so I got the 4 year extended warranty from best buys. I don't have to worry about the motorized face for 4 freakin' years.

I wish it was earlier now. I want to install this thing soooo bad right now. I can't even do it in the morning, cause I gotta go to work... booooo. I'll have this badboy in my car tommorrow for sure.

Comments?? good?? bad??
Old 06-26-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
Wow I want it, but only if Panasonic made one. Not a fan of Pioneer
Old 06-26-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
never knew they made something like that, pretty cool post pics when you do the install
Old 06-26-2006

Originally Posted by RHCP0801
never knew they made something like that, pretty cool post pics when you do the install
You can use the bluetooth with your cellphone, and search through the numbers, and make and receive phone calls through the deck. 65K colour screen too (not a big deal to me, but whatever).

I'll post pics after the install tommorrow.
Old 06-26-2006
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Very nice! I was kicking myself over not waiting 2 months longer when my deck died, I saw that Alpine brought out a Bluetooth-equipped model too. Post up how well it communicates and what phone you're using it with.

ps I think I saw you on the 401 Saturday.
Old 06-26-2006

Originally Posted by TeLLy
Very nice! I was kicking myself over not waiting 2 months longer when my deck died, I saw that Alpine brought out a Bluetooth-equipped model too. Post up how well it communicates and what phone you're using it with.

ps I think I saw you on the 401 Saturday.
Nah, it wasn't me on the 401, .

Alpine has a BT adapter you can buy for their current decks, but I don't think alpine has a model with built in BT.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/product...odel=KCA-100BT

I'm using the samsung SGH-D407 on Fido.

I was going to get the alpine CDA-9857. 2 reasons why I didn't get an alpine, no built in BT, and only 2v pre outs for the model mentioned before. The BT adapter for alpine is around another $200 USD.

Anyways, I'll let you know how well it works out. Better yet, I should come out to a meet with some of the peeps from the GTA sometime and let you test it out in person.
Old 06-26-2006
Registered!!

05reverb is an unknown quantity at this point
awesome headunit, perfect choice, i'm a big pioneer fan for headunits, i love it, wish i had that bluetooth....so with that headunit, u don't need to get an additional bluetooth thingy? damn take pics of the bluetooth in action
Old 06-26-2006

Originally Posted by 05reverb
awesome headunit, perfect choice, i'm a big pioneer fan for headunits, i love it, wish i had that bluetooth....so with that headunit, u don't need to get an additional bluetooth thingy? damn take pics of the bluetooth in action
no additional BT adapter. BT built right into the deck.
Old 06-26-2006
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute
nice...makes me want a BT cd player....and one that'll play my burned music. my laser eye is getting old. 4 yrs in my car....time to retire it!
Old 06-27-2006

Taking the old deck out.

What a mess in my car, "Oh my"...

Wiring Harness completely wired and ready to be attached.

Yeah I know I put in the wrong date. I fixed in now. It says tuesday june 27th now.

Placement of the mic for my phone calls. Instruction manuals tell you to put it on the steering column (where it doesn't move). I like my spot better.

After a hard day's install, time to turn off the deck. Spent lots of time adding in phone contacts. I could only do it one at a time. I wish my phone had an option to send all contacts at once via bluetoooth, but it doesn't. Also setup the time alignment. I just copied the setting from my old deck because it had auto time alignment. This deck doesn't have auto time alignment, which is one of my pet peeves about this deck. I took virtually all the settings from my old deck, and put the same settings back in my new deck. The Eq had 3 more bands, so I played with that a little, but not long. Took me viturually no time to put in the settings. Deck sounds slightly better than my deh-p8600mp.

Last edited by phuviano; 06-27-2006 at 08:26 PM.
Old 06-27-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
Wow looks good.
Old 06-27-2006
The blackbeauty ES1.

jhonsok is an unknown quantity at this point
that is SICK! I want that!
Old 06-27-2006
Registered!!

i want that bluetooth so bad
Old 06-28-2006
All Show No Go Sedan

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Aznnp77 will become famous soon enoughAznnp77 will become famous soon enough
wow, sick ****, i love it. I was actually thinking about picking up a deck myself. I was gonna get a pioneer with mp3 capability for like $120 bucks installed, but I saw the 5800mp with the screen saver and all of that for 200, so i figured i might as well go for it. Then I went to CC to see some stuff in person, and I saw a Panasonic with bluetooth buillt in. It's on sale at bestbuy.com right now for 170. I didn't know a head unit could do all that ish.
Old 06-28-2006
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
I want that!! that's sweet
Old 06-28-2006
Registered!!

noxit.r3fk is an unknown quantity at this point
how do you still have the little glove box thing under your deck when i put my cd player in i had to change it out for one with no lid ?
Old 06-28-2006

There's 2 different installations kits. One with the pocket underneath and one without it. Both kits are the same price. I never liked the one with the pocket underneath, so I never bought it.

http://www.metraonline.com/product_l...e=Turbo%20Kits

I still gotta test out the phone on highway, and see how well it works with wind. I always have my sunroof, and both windows open.

BT is crazy!!!
Old 06-28-2006
Registered!!

noxit.r3fk is an unknown quantity at this point
lame i don't like the pocket everything falls out on turns .. , the people at best buy said thats all they had ..so i had to go with it .. you wanna trade?
Old 06-28-2006
Registered!!

SEVYN is an unknown quantity at this point
deck looks good, i was looking at the alpine 9856 which you also have to buy a BT adapter for 200. price was too high for my blood.

are all the aftermarket decks sunken in like that? we can't even use the trim that comes along with the deck huh? i always wondered
Old 06-29-2006

Originally Posted by SEVYN
deck looks good, i was looking at the alpine 9856 which you also have to buy a BT adapter for 200. price was too high for my blood.

are all the aftermarket decks sunken in like that? we can't even use the trim that comes along with the deck huh? i always wondered

Thanks.

Yes all decks stick in like that. This is my 6th deck in this car with the same installation kit. If you get the other kit with the pocket, the deck sticks out. I don't really like the look of the deck sticking out. I think it looks sick with the deck sticking inwards. No you cannot fit the trim that comes with the deck because it doesn't fit, nor do you need it.

Originally Posted by noxit.r3fk
lame i don't like the pocket everything falls out on turns .. , the people at best buy said thats all they had ..so i had to go with it .. you wanna trade?
umm.. ok. I'll give you mine for $20 dollars, and I'll buy yours for a $1 dollar. btw, you pay shipping both ways too..lol.

btw, like I said in my first post. I'd never let best buys ever touch my audio system. You did have the option for the installation kit like mine, but your installer was probably too lazy to check out what kits they actually had out. The deck with the pocket is more common, so most installers don't want the hassle of ordering a product, when they have an alternative one on hand.

Really think about that trade.

Last edited by phuviano; 06-29-2006 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-30-2006
Registered!!

Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough
thats the same deck i wanted to purchase and im sure its gonna like tight in your ride...dont forget to let us know how it performs
Old 06-30-2006
Registered!!

CLeeNx04CiVic has a little shameless behaviour in the past
that $hit is tight
Old 07-01-2006

Originally Posted by Mr_Plenty
dont forget to let us know how it performs
The deck is amazing in everyway. I still need to get an ipod adapter to see how that works. BT on it is crystal clear, both on the receiving end and on my end. I talked to my friend who I called, so that's how I know it was crsytal clear on the receiving end.

The interface is similar to my old pioneer deck. So if your used to using pioneer decks, this one will probably be the same. I'd recommed this deck to anyone. Its flat out amazing.
Old 07-02-2006
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
I can't get tired of looking at it, it looks hot!
Old 07-02-2006
Registered!!

can u set it that when your getting a call, it shows you the number on the screen and mutes the music and answeres automatically? if so.......fu**in sweet!!!!
Old 07-02-2006

Originally Posted by 05reverb
can u set it that when your getting a call, it shows you the number on the screen and mutes the music and answeres automatically? if so.......fu**in sweet!!!!
Yes, yes, and yes. I don't use the last one though. I do it manually. There is a setting to do it though.
Old 07-03-2006
Registered!!

joe6680 will become famous soon enoughjoe6680 will become famous soon enough
The bluetooth is cool, but I do not like pioneer for a hu. I also dont know why you opted for a 4 year warranty chances are you wont have it that long...like you said you replaced your lats hu after 10 months.
Old 07-03-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by joe6680
The bluetooth is cool, but I do not like pioneer for a hu.
IMO, pioneer are the best HU's, they pretty much all come with a built-in crossover, they are the best looking, they have all the features, and they don't have a problem with reading any cd's. i have an 2000$ eclipse HU right now (avn-5435) and there is no crossover, you can't turn off the sub with the HU, plus it only accepts mp3's 128 kbs or under (all my mp3's are 192 or over), i've tried 3 brands other than pioneer in the past few years (including alpine 9855)and always dissapointement. i've had all sorts of pioneers and was always happy with everything, I think alpine and eclipse HU's are overatted.
Old 07-03-2006
Registered!!

WNxKeyeesEX2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Awsome deck man, glad to hear the bloothtooth works well, im gunna have to look into it.
Old 07-14-2006
Registered!!

BlueMNSTRZ is an unknown quantity at this point
I just got this deck Wednesday and installed it Thursday morning. It is so sweet. The bluetooth is amazing. I had a Parrot Ck3000 in my car for 2 or 3 years. Finally someone did what I was wishing they would do for years and made a hu with built in bluetooth. I got mine on ebay for $405.00 shipped UPS 2day. One thing though. The hu won't work with XM direct. It knows that the XM direct is there but I can't change channels and there is no sound. I called Audiovox Tech Support and they said it's not compatible since it's not on their list of compatible hu's. Obviously it's not going to be since the unit has only been on the market for a month or less. I guess I will just have to get the GEX-P920XM.

By the way, I upgraded from the DEH-P8600MP also. I had it for about 2 years. Great hu.