I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Inifinity!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
steven10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Inifinity!

hi i have a civic sedan 05 with the SE head unit.. i have a basslink installed in the back and i love iT! i just was thinking if i should change out the speakers as well.. or keep them stock... i do not wish to upgrade to a full setup because trunk space is important to me plus i dont like that shattering bass just the cleeaaaan bass... so please post what type of speakers i could get to accompany this powered subwoofer.... are there any inifnity speakers that go well with this? ....
Old 06-02-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i have infinity reference and they are so clear with punchy bass, but i would suggest not getting aftermarket speakers unless you plan to get an amp for them. stock deck just does not provide enough power. the reference are around 60wrms max, and you should give them at least 30. stock deck is around 5-10w max.
Old 06-02-2006
Registered!!

o i ci c... hmmm i really dont want anything tooo overpowering because my sub isnt a real setup... so i dunno.... keep that in mind wen making suggestions please... thanks a lot though.. i was looking into those too ahah
Old 06-02-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
well my amped infinity speakers are enough that i dont require a sub for my taste.
Old 06-02-2006
Registered!!

urwhat is just really niceurwhat is just really niceurwhat is just really niceurwhat is just really niceurwhat is just really nice
infinity cheaper lines are great values. the basslink 2 has an option to put a 4channel amp inside it, so you dont need to sacrifice any space. i had the original basslink in my car and it was the loudest all in one sub combo ive ever heard, and was very clean sounding too.
Old 06-03-2006
Registered!!

i just want some speakers that will accomodate the basslink well... nothing too powerful though because itll over power the sub..if there are no speakers that accomodate them well then ill just stay stock because it already sounds really good to me =]
Old 06-03-2006
Premium Member

if it sounds really good, then keep it. i think stock sounds terrible. I was shocked that this kind of setup was put in a civic. but, maybe you haven't heard any better so you think its already good.

now you could always "fix" the factory speaker install, just dynamat the front doors and seal up the speakers. that will make them sound a bit louder and cleaner. i assume you have tweeters already too.and then go dynamat the rear deck as best you can, and make sure the trunk is a lil tight when it closes to keep road noise out.
Old 06-04-2006
Registered!!

urwhat is just really niceurwhat is just really niceurwhat is just really niceurwhat is just really niceurwhat is just really nice
if you are happy with it.. thats all that matters. with me.. im never fully happy.. so ill always be changing things.. haha.
Old 06-05-2006
Registered!!

so how do i dynomat the speakers? sorry if i sound like a newb but i never heard of that ... haha always learning new things on 7thgen! =]
Old 06-05-2006
Registered!!

well the correct term would be to sound deaden the car by placing "dynamat" (its a brand but theres others that will do the same or better for cheaper) on various panels of the car to absorb vibration. by placing it behind the speaker it helps limit the vibrations of the panel, and provide a more solid enclosure for the speaker.
Old 06-05-2006
Premium Member

you just put a layer of it under the door panel on the metal part. and also try and seal up around the speaker. you dont want the back and front side together. you could also buy pads for behind the speaker to cancel back wave distortion. you gotta cut em in two pieces tho since we have that roll bar back there.
Old 06-07-2006
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road
what kinda amp do you run with the infinity reference's and could that be avoided with an aftermarket headunit.
Old 06-07-2006
Premium Member

i'm using the alpine MRP-F240 which is roughly 35wrms per channel. its adequate, the speakers take 60 w rms max so 1/2 power is pretty good. most aftermarket decks put out 18wrms per channel which is still way better than stock, but way worse than a real amp. i have infinity tweeters hooked to the deck and they do sound great. just using the headunit really limits the amount of bass they can pump out. amping makes it so much cleaner sounding and better if you like to turn it up.
Old 06-07-2006
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road
what model reference's do you have? im looking for a clean sound just the perfect balence(sp) between voice and bass if you now what i mean. im going to get some type of alpine i dont know yet. i love trance and rock.

gearbox can you think up of a good set up for me.

Thanks.
Old 06-08-2006
Registered!!

2k1_sedan is an unknown quantity at this point
I was building an economical system and ran some new sony 6.5 3-ways in front and rears with power supplied by an entry level kenwood deck only. I must say I was pretty impressed. I have avoided Sony in the past but after hearing these I thought I would give it a shot. Nothing chest pounding but it was probably one of my best bang for the buck purchases. Just my two cents.
Old 06-08-2006
Premium Member

goodtimes, all i listen to is trance haha and the bass is pretty good, enough to shake the mirrors and rattle the door panels. the tweeters give good balance. i have the regular reference 652i which is from 4 yrs ago almost. they are 2 way but i have the tweeter part rotated down to the floor since i have tweeters up top in the sail panels. my deck settings are +4 bass and -4 treble. it sounds really really good but such a simple setup. lots of bass and clear highs that dont hurt your ears. the speakers are amped, the tweets are running off deck power.

Last edited by gearbox; 06-08-2006 at 12:43 AM.
Old 06-08-2006
Registered!!

with my kappa perfects amped to 85wrms... these things were shaking my doors completely. it was weird because the doors had crazy movement and bass.