I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

OEM head unit code

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006
Dain Bramaged.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jester444 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy OEM head unit code

Ok, let the bashing begin.

I know I should have checked this before I started working, but I don't have the anti-theft code for my OEM head unit. I bought the car used maybe 6 months ago, and the previous owner conveniently forgot to hand over the necessary 5-digit code to unlock the head unit after the battery has been disconnected. Is there anything I can do aside from buying a new head unit and/or sitting in the corner and crying my eyes out? I've heard a Honda dealer may be able to help me with this... Any truth to that?

Jake
Old 06-02-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
Where do you live? I'd like to personally kick you in the nuts for asking this.

J/K...What you need is your VIN code, and the Serial code from your radio. They then can do a lookup and give you the code that should work with the radio.

If you don't feel like doing that (It might cost money if the guy who answers the phone is a dickwad), You can search around the glovebox area of the car, I've even heard some people claim that it could be located in the trunk area. I personally never found one on my car. But it's worth a shot.
Old 06-02-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Dealer? Not necessary... this should help. Log in (or register), click on My Civic (low right) and some info should appear to your right, like this...

VIN: 1HGEM21154L******
Trim: VP 5 Speed Manual
Ext. Color: Rallye Red
Int. Color: Black
Radio Code: *****
Year Purchased: 2004

Last edited by ramcosca; 06-02-2006 at 01:04 AM.
Old 06-02-2006
Registered!!

project: EM2k4 has a spectacular aura aboutproject: EM2k4 has a spectacular aura aboutproject: EM2k4 has a spectacular aura about
Well you can PM your VIN # to me and I could see if I can check to find the code through Honda ISIS. But i'm not too sure if I can get the code for you because I dunno if I can access the VIN information section. I'll find out tomorrow and let you know for sure. If that doesn't work then you could go to your local honda dealership and take them the grey key that came with your car, but they're gonna charge you. That grey key has a code in it that has information about your vehicle. If all else fails or you feel like you're getting charge too much then you could always just get a new headunit. Why not upgrade right? Good luckz...
Old 06-02-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
He can just get the info by logging into AHM... of course, for it to give out the radio code he needs to input his VIN... but it's waaaay easier.
Old 06-02-2006
Dain Bramaged.

/\ What's AHM? That sounds like what I need.

Never mind. I googled something like "Honda Civic Radio Code" and found a site that had some useful information. Like hondercivic said, I found the code in the glovebox on a small, unlabeled decal. Problem solved.

Last edited by jester444; 06-02-2006 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-02-2006
Registered!!

Stearic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ramcosca
Dealer? Not necessary... this should help. Log in (or register), click on My Civic (low right) and some info should appear to your right, like this...

VIN: 1HGEM21154L******
Trim: VP 5 Speed Manual
Ext. Color: Rallye Red
Int. Color: Black
Radio Code: *****
Year Purchased: 2004
That actually didn't work for me. IT shows everything but that code. I'm not in the same situation but i'd still like to know what my code is as i dont' believe i ever got the code from the dealership when i bought it (used car dealership thats big in my area). Was it some sorta plastic tag or something? I do remember seeing something like that in a bag that had tons of papers about the car but i'm not sure.
Old 06-02-2006
Dain Bramaged.

I was in the same boat you're in. What car do you have, exactly? I have an '01 EX coupe. My sticker was on the left side of the inside of the glove box.
Old 06-02-2006
Registered!!

I have an '04 civic lx coupe. I actually went out and checked my glovebox and there is nothing in there. It's completly void of any stickers on the inside of it.
Old 06-03-2006
Dain Bramaged.

Well, I think there are a fewe other places it might be. You could check in the trunk along the gasket or under where the speakers are, under the fusebox cover in the engine bay, under the ashtray and sometimes under the center consoles lid. If it's not in any of those places, I don't know what to tell you. You'll have to try some other method listed in this thread. I guess I just lucked out, huh?
Old 06-03-2006
Words on a User Title

Mine came in a ziploc bag when I bought the car. Inside the bag was also the manual and some other booklets and things that came with the car from the company. The radio code came in a credit card sized... card, lol. If you don't find it, I reckon you could ask the dealership... but I think you better ask if they're going to steal money from you, I mean, if it's going to cost you before they do any kind of search. I suggest calling.

By the way, why did AHM not give you the code? Did you input the VIN and all the info it asked from you, including the optional lines?
Old 06-03-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
sometimes they are in the fuse box too. mine was given to me on a key ring thing and also written in manual.
Old 06-04-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ramcosca
Mine came in a ziploc bag when I bought the car. Inside the bag was also the manual and some other booklets and things that came with the car from the company. The radio code came in a credit card sized... card, lol. If you don't find it, I reckon you could ask the dealership... but I think you better ask if they're going to steal money from you, I mean, if it's going to cost you before they do any kind of search. I suggest calling.

By the way, why did AHM not give you the code? Did you input the VIN and all the info it asked from you, including the optional lines?
Yea, i did input everything. All the info about the car is shown except the radio code, very wierd. Good thing i'm trying to find this all out now when i dont' need the code vs if i actually needed the code.

Well i finally foud the ziplock bag that came with my car and it was in the there in another smaller bag with a card and "stickers" that i guess that should have been stuck somewhere in the car, guess in the glovebox somewhere.

Last edited by Stearic; 06-04-2006 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-06-2006
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
It's also on the sticker on the inside of the driver's door and under the hood. If worse comes to worse, you can take proof of ownership (ie. bill of sale with vin on it) to a honda dealer and they can get the info.